Concerts!!!!! (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
who's going to concerts in the near future??? since i missed out on homebake cos i was on friggin schoolies, i'm trying to now make up for it by going to as many concerts as i can...

in feb., i'm going to some diesel gig in eastwood hotel... then counting crows in hordern pavilion, i think. then in march i'm trying to get tix to the 'ben rox over australia' concert, and in april i'm going to the silverchair diorama tour concert. can't wait for the latter!!!

i wanna go to the taxiride one too.... but no one wants to come with.... and i'm trying to get my friends to go to speedstar* with me, at hopetoun.

tata.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yep i went to the usher concert - it was good but he's such a poser! didnt even sing that much either!

i heard that the big day out was kool!

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i planned to go to aj rules and ashanti's concert but not sure if i could coz its on a school day =(

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Big stars also have big heads and think Australia is not worth coming too!!

Rock bands on the other hand come here all the time and there is always gigs to go to!!!

I'm not into mainstream music ie. top30 stuff.
The concerts (club gigs more like it eg, The metro) i'm hoping to attend include Cato Salsa Experience, The Breeders, Idlewild, Beck and Dirty Three. Most people wouldn't have heard of these bands but they are awesome IMO!!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
Australia dont get that many big stars... well my opinion anyways...
yeah... but there's still TONS of aussie acts around..

GJ_JOE

blood brother
i wanted to go to see the deftones at the UNSW Roundhouse but it was a over 18s show...and the bands only show in sydney (besides BDO)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by GJ_JOE
i wanted to go to see the deftones at the UNSW Roundhouse but it was a over 18s show...and the bands only show in sydney (besides BDO)
Inkow how you feel. It's sucks being underage, can never go to the clubs to see bands. that's why i'm happy now being 18!

Dan_the_man

I saw Sunk Loto a while back.... damn sick
went to the BIg Day Out... also awesome
may see Skulker at the anno next Friday
and The Butterfly Effect are coming to Manly Fishos soon too... they are awesome

bex

HSC
yeah BDO was great!! I worked there so i didnt get to see many acts but i saw all of MGF, Skulker and You Am I.. they were awesome!! As for concerts coming up.. im not sure.. wanted to go to groove armada but i will be in bathurst :(

nerdd

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
yep i went to the usher concert - it was good but he's such a poser! didnt even sing that much either!
what do you mean he didnt sing!? he sang heapss!
not as much compared to the american tour but that's expected.
he sang so well i thought.. heh.
well he really impressed me because he could reallly get on stage, sing and dance and entertain.

i went on the first night at sydney..

it was madddd

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
im seeing jet on wednesday hehhehe

i don't know if they are any good...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
bahahh but its not really a concert eh .. like a big one....

i went to falls festival over new years and that was pretty good..

i dont have any concerts planned for the near future because i am moving overstate

Generator

HSC
N/A
Most bands don't bother with our country due to the dollar...

Example of the decade being U2...
The Edge went on record stating that their decision to avoid Australia was due to the fact that they wouldn't make a profit on an Australian trip, but to me that's complete crap as they would only have had to double the ticket prices (the show would sold out within 5 minutes, no matter the cost) to have made a profit.

Me... BDO in 2001 was great, except for the final band, Livid in Sydney was ok and the BDO this year was excellent.

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
the best thing coming up (in a while) is jack johnson and ben harper
niether supporting... just together
night after silverchair as well

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
n eone got the ben harper/jack johnson tickets yet? 2 extra shows because the 1st sold out
i'm going on the wednesday

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by loziscool:D
going to silverchair in april :headbang:
last concer i went to was the vines :D
which one are you going to loziscool? my friend got us tix to the new concert they just released tix for, i can't remember the details though.. it's the diorama tour right? so it'll be mostly/only diorama songs, right?

i'm going to ben rox over oz concert now as well... on my birthday too, i can't wait! i'll be able to legally drink at a concert for once!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)