Concession Card (1 Viewer)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Hey guys,

Ive got a friend thats not eligible for a concession card, but he wants me to get one for him by saying that ive lost it and that i want another one. Since the concession sticker is stuck on my student ID, it might be difficult because I dont like the idea of pulling it off so is there any other way I can get an extra concession sticker without it being stuck on to my student ID.

Last edited:

dracover

HSC
*disclaimer*

the following method is illegal and i'm not comdeming illegal practices =D

now wat happens is u tell them u lost student card

then they give u a form to fill in to send to rail corp and they'll mail u a concession card
much like the ones u got in HS

u give that to ur friend and keep using ur old student card. the problem is the id code on the sticker of both cards they'll all be linked to u. usually no rail corp worker will check it but if they do they'll know u did it and u'll get into shit. low risk but hey theres a risk.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I just told my friend that I couldn't do it for him because i felt like it wasnt a good idea to take that risk. But from what you told me, it seems like a smaller risk that i thought it would be. Anyways, i dont really know that friend that well. He was just some guy who used to be at my work and im not sure if i could trust him anyways.

K.

HSC
err dont you just go to the library so they cancel your card, then you go to student central, get a new photo and a new card and they stick a new green sticker on?

anyways, if you bend the card, its easy to just peel the sticker off without ruining it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I've done this, back in first year for a friend who was part-time at TAFE. She paid for my new sticker which cost $16 back then (and its on one of those separate blue cardboard card things). It all worked well, until one overzealous bus officer dude took a close look at it. It seems that each educational institution has its own code on the sticker, and so obviously the Mac did not match up with TAFE. She was fined $200 and had the sticker (which does take a long time to peel off) confiscated.

Moral = do not bother.

dracover

HSC
?that makes no sense y would the bus driver know she goes to tafe?

the green sticker will say maq but they wouldnt actually know if he/she went to tafe or not. i suppose if the friend also goes to maq then even that problem wont exist.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dracover said:
?that makes no sense y would the bus driver know she goes to tafe?

the green sticker will say maq but they wouldnt actually know if he/she went to tafe or not. i suppose if the friend also goes to maq then even that problem wont exist.
The bus inspectors would be trained for that stuff, I'm sure they're not idiots and have been told the exact details/differences between the coding systems.

Plus its TAFE, from what I understand, most people going to TAFE are ineligible for the concessions, therefore its probably easier to scrutinise those that do possess one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)