Concession (1 Viewer)

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Hi,

Tried to apply for concession after enrolling, but it seems that if you hold a job you are not eligible, even if you are a full-time student... that means $40+ a week jus on damn train tickets for trains that don't run on time and have vials scattered under seats.

The question is: if your job is under the taxable income bracket ($6000 p/a i beleive), are you still eligible? I.e. do they check your income by your tax return.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Cheers,

powerdrive

HSC
russs said:
Hi,

Tried to apply for concession after enrolling, but it seems that if you hold a job you are not eligible, even if you are a full-time student... that means $40+ a week jus on damn train tickets for trains that don't run on time and have vials scattered under seats.

The question is: if your job is under the taxable income bracket ($6000 p/a i beleive), are you still eligible? I.e. do they check your income by your tax return.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Cheers,
So did they ask if you had a job when you applied? When i was getting my student card at usyd, I filled out a separate form for concession, and it didnt ask anything about a job, even though i've got a small part time job.

Do what my brother does, he's a 4th year student with a full time job - he photocopied the concession sticker on my card and glued it on his :D

russs

yeeeee
HSC
powerdrive said:
So did they ask if you had a job when you applied? When i was getting my student card at usyd, I filled out a separate form for concession, and it didnt ask anything about a job, even though i've got a small part time job.

Do what my brother does, he's a 4th year student with a full time job - he photocopied the concession sticker on my card and glued it on his :D
Yeh, the form asked specifically if you hold a job. The photocopy idea is good, but I just remembered one of my student mates landed in shit when he brought a student ticket without a concession on him (ticket dispenser) and the cops were standing checking tickets after entry... Just one bad luck and you mite get slapped with a fine.

alfonso22

HSC
what makes you think they will check if you actually have a job??

just fill out the form and give it to them..then get the sticker,,

they dont really care ..if the form is filled out you get the concession..

Evilo

HSC
alfonso22 said:
what makes you think they will check if you actually have a job??

just fill out the form and give it to them..then get the sticker,,

they dont really care ..if the form is filled out you get the concession..
shes right, i go to work (in my bright red liquorland shirt - with store name and everything on the front) and the guy doesnt care when he asks for concession. Actually he asks for any specials on spirits we have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)