concurrent uni degrees (1 Viewer)

maxi_bon

HSC
just wondering if theres anyone else whos at two different unis studying different degrees? (one full time, one part time)
ive been doing it for a semester now and i know others who have also and its been working really well for me so far!

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
maxi_bon said:
just wondering if theres anyone else whos at two different unis studying different degrees? (one full time, one part time)
ive been doing it for a semester now and i know others who have also and its been working really well for me so far!
Yeah I do, both are full time external though (8 subjects a semester).
It seems to be more common to do uni and TAFE at the same time rather than 2 sets of uni.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
tahts crazy./ where do u get the time?
Everyone has the same amount of time, different people just choose to spend it differently.
My major advantage is I work as a full time teacher so my work week is pretty flexible, none of this sitting in an office 9am-5pm 5 days a week even when there is no work on.
Once you figure out how uni works it's actually quite easy to do.

santaslayer

HSC
LeftrightOut said:
Everyone has the same amount of time, different people just choose to spend it differently.
My major advantage is I work as a full time teacher so my work week is pretty flexible, none of this sitting in an office 9am-5pm 5 days a week even when there is no work on.
Once you figure out how uni works it's actually quite easy to do.
Oh wow really?

Are you able to comment more about yourself. (In terms of your degrees, and what your teaching?) :)

BIOGRAPHY:

Uni is fun.

LoLz. :p

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
Oh wow really?

Are you able to comment more about yourself. (In terms of your degrees, and what your teaching?) :)
I work as a full time IT teacher for TAFE NSW. The concurrent qualifications so far have been a masters and a grad dip in education one at USQ the other at CSU. Next year I will go for 2 masters at the same time which should be good, one at USQ one at Curtin. Learning is just one of those things I enjoy, most of the stuff I aready have an idea about so it's just a case of getting a piece of paper to prove it.
It helps if the two pieces of paper are related in some manner as you can use references and selected readings from one in the other :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Are you able to claim HECS for both? I knew someone simultaneously enrolled full time at UNSW and part time at UTS (he dropped UNSW and took up UTS Science full time).

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i want to do this next year... i'm currently studying a BEd (primary) full time and next year i also want to study a Bachelor of Business Studies through Open Universities. the idea is that ultimately i don't want to be teaching for the rest of my life, but i'll do it for a few years and it's always something i can fall back on in the future if i have kids or whatever. but yeah... my workload isn't that high, so i figure i may as well try.

maxi_bon

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Are you able to claim HECS for both? I knew someone simultaneously enrolled full time at UNSW and part time at UTS (he dropped UNSW and took up UTS Science full time).
yeah u can claim hecs on both. im currently studying at sydney full time and part time at macquarie claiming both on hecs and its working really well for me.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
maxi_bon said:
What are the degrees?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im doing a degree at one uni and a certificate in languages at another (well im going to transfer to a diploma after 9cp) and i do have the time for them all.. but i find that i procrastinate and leave things to last minute (damn internet.. too distracting!).. hence my croatian assignments are always rather rushed.. if i was a bit more motivated to do work when i have spare time it would be better though.
if you have the motivation for it.. why not? kill two birds with one stone..

santaslayer

HSC
maxi_bon said:
yeah u can claim hecs on both. im currently studying at sydney full time and part time at macquarie claiming both on hecs and its working really well for me.
BNoth unis are quite far apart from each other. Unless you live somewhere in between?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)