• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

condensation polymer (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
thats where my second weakness comes in - i have the shittiest memory. hahaha!!

i tried to memorise, but neva work. -___-"
so all my notes r in the shortest dot pts possible. (keep the long passage away from me!!><! O_O!)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
beabenn said:
lolz...I knew I should have asked for more paper...
For some reason I couldn't balance the esterification reaction so I was forced to write a word equation *so embarrassing
I hate when that happens! And then you'd panic because it's an exam.

I've done it before, wrong equations that I couldn't fix and equations where I just made up the products. I always crossed it out so much that the markers wouldn't be able to tell what I wrote and couldn't go "How stupid is this girl? Look what she wrote and crossed out!".

Mitsui: Sounds like dot-point answers would work for you. Some markers prefer them over sentenced answers. Remember that you're not obliged to spell everything correctly or write your answers with no grammatical errors (although structure is important). :p

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
Riviet: Thank God, someone's writing is worse than mine... though "without oxygen" means exactly the same thing as "anaerobic", for future reference. :p
Is my writing that messy? I think tt looks much better when it's on A4 paper, instead of zoomed in on your screen. :D I hate how I can't write "on the lines" consistently, always seem to write a bit above or below the line. :uhoh:
I just wrote anaerobic with "without oxygen" so I remember a little better, there's so much we need to know!

P

pLuvia

Just to let you know one more, which might make you remember anaerobic better:

"with oxygen" is aerobic :D

@Mitsui: didn't you say it took like a long time to do one dot point lol and not even one page lol.

P

pLuvia

Don't worry Riviet, your writing isn't as bad as some people I know lol, there's is like unreadable :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
LOL!!!
nah man riviet got a pretti good handwriting as compare to many others i have seen

yea pluvia, it takes me ages to do one dot pt. >_> like...ages

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
"with oxygen" is aerobic :D
Cool, thanks for that, reminds me of some P.E knowledge that I once had long ago... hehe.

Thanks guys for reassuring me, I just got the impression that it wasn't that well aligned, but I'm all cool now. :)

.ben

HSC
hey guys do you mind posting ur own dot pot summaries? cos i just wanna see what u guys wrote. thz

P

pLuvia

I would if I had typed mine up lol, but you can ask me whatever dot point and I'd be happy to type it here for you :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
.ben said:
hey guys do you mind posting ur own dot pot summaries? cos i just wanna see what u guys wrote. thz
yea i hand write mine too. >_>

i can always post it up after pluvia and riviet if u need it. HAHA

not sure about reliability :mad1:

.ben

HSC
ok cool, for the nuke chem one:

 Process information from secondary sources to describe recent discoveries of elements

how many elements do you have to do and how much info?

thanks

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
.ben said:

 Process information from secondary sources to describe recent discoveries of elements

thanks
I'm pretty sure you only need 1 element. I did ununquadium, and I had the date created, where created, how created, its atomic/mass number and position in periodic table. Then I put other interesting random info ("ununquadium-298, though not yet synthesised, is predicted to be relatively stable for a transuranic element, possibly having a half life measurable in hours or days", etc).

Riviet: It's still plenty readable, and that's all that counts. My writing varies from subject to subject though - Chem is usually nice and neat, and Economics is a scrawl, nothing more. :p

I_F

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

.ben said:

thanks
Hey come to think of it, I haven't done that dot point lol I'll get to it later :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
.ben said:

thanks
I think one would suffice. You are only using it as an example as the question asks you to "describe recent discoveries of elements". You would also write about how they are usually discovered (neutron bombardment, positron bombardment).

P

pLuvia

Is positron bombardment the high speed positive particles in the linear accelerator and the cyclotron? like the helium and carbon?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
pLuvia said:
Is positron bombardment the high speed positive particles in the linear accelerator and the cyclotron? like the helium and carbon?
Correct!

.ben

HSC
Do we hav to know about positron bmobrdment? How come its wasn’t in the excel or the pathways?

P

pLuvia

Well it was what I just said before about the linear accelerators and cyclotrons, instead of neutron bombardment the nucleus is bombarded with high speed positive particles such as helium and carbon. This should be under how transuranic elements are formed dot point

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
hm i know the "bombarded with high speed positive particles "

but neva know it is called "positron bmobrdment"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)