Conditions that have led to the reform of criminal law (1 Viewer)

0hNivlek

HSC
Hey~ I have this homework task which requires me to answer part C of the 2007 legals HSC paper.

c) Identify and analyse TWO conditions that have led to the reform of criminal law.

Well i don't quite understand what it's asking me for. Are they asking for like change of societal value/attitues or technology and stuff?

Any help would be appreciated ;x!

jeff.wong

HSC
Identify:
Recognise and name

Analyse:
Identify components and the relationship between them; draw out and relate implications

So first identify two conditions like you said "changing social values and composition of society, new concepts of justice, failure of existing law, international law and new technology" any of those just pick two.

Now to analyse it must show why it needs reform [the relationship between the condition and reform]. Then maybe add a recent example.

E.g.
Identify: Failure of existing laws.
Analyse: Talk about how the failure of existing law e.g. When laws become obsolete for any reason they must be amended, replaced with new legislations or repeals (removed). It is Parliament’s responsibility to do this, while ensuring that current laws do not fail.
Example: Laws regardling possession of lasers changed late last year due to the prevalence of laser attacks on pilots.

I would assume something along those lines but that is pretty rough.

legendfunk

HSC
Oh, has anyone got good case studies for this? I've got one on Terrorism (Anti-Terrorism Act 2004), but we're told we need 3.

Eddy92

HSC
please help me with legal and economics !! any one got notes for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)