Conflict in Europe 1935 - 1945 (1 Viewer)

minnie3

HSC
Its a new topic for the HSC this year. Unfortunately our school has chosen it and there are no past HSC questions on this topic!

If anyone has any info on possible HSC questions please post them!!!

Thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
minnie3 said:
Its a new topic for the HSC this year. Unfortunately our school has chosen it and there are no past HSC questions on this topic!

If anyone has any info on possible HSC questions please post them!!!

Thanks!
I'm also doing conflict and from what i heard, a key possibility is that the question may be on the turning points of the conflict.

Also have you tried looking at The Specimen Papers?

astonvillan89

HSC
Hi,

Our school has also decided to do this option, and I'm having major problems finding sources... (no text books and it's a new option etc etc) Would you be able to reccommend any?

Thanks

HSC
astonvillan89 said:
Hi,

Our school has also decided to do this option, and I'm having major problems finding sources... (no text books and it's a new option etc etc) Would you be able to reccommend any?

Thanks
Yer i have the same prob try Key Features of Modern History i think theres a whole topic on it

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The textbook we're using for this unit is a British one from the Access To History series. It's called Europe at War, 1939-45. It's not written from the NSW Syllabus, so it doesn't cover the leadup to war from 1935 onward, but the war itself is covered in a decent amount of detail. The only other complaint I have about it is that the Holocaust does not feature very much in it (it gets about a page in total, and these are small pages), so it's inadequate for the great emphasis the syllabus places on it. (Especially for us: our 20% assessment task for this topic was entirely on the Holocaust.) That said, if you're looking for the events of the war and analysis of strategy etc. it's a good source.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
The textbook we're using for this unit is a British one from the Access To History series. It's called Europe at War, 1939-45. It's not written from the NSW Syllabus, so it doesn't cover the leadup to war from 1935 onward, but the war itself is covered in a decent amount of detail. The only other complaint I have about it is that the Holocaust does not feature very much in it (it gets about a page in total, and these are small pages), so it's inadequate for the great emphasis the syllabus places on it. (Especially for us: our 20% assessment task for this topic was entirely on the Holocaust.) That said, if you're looking for the events of the war and analysis of strategy etc. it's a good source.
Does it have anything on Britain and Germany's homefront?

T

Testpilot

I really wanted to do this topic instead of crappy Israel-Arab conflict (its like studying children "Mum! Israel's touching me!).

Is WW2 a good topic?

My idea of the perfect topics would be:

Core: WW1

National: Germany

Conflict & Peace: WW2

EDIT: yay! 50 posts

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
Testpilot said:
I really wanted to do this topic instead of crappy Israel-Arab conflict (its like studying children "Mum! Israel's touching me!).

Is WW2 a good topic?

My idea of the perfect topics would be:

Core: WW1

National: Germany

Conflict & Peace: WW2
lol at your comment about israel-arab..
i happen to be doing your 3 perfect topics.. they are pretty good but germany is huge.
so our teacher has given us "The Second World War" by R.A.C. Parker to read for this topic.. i would also recommend "Russia's War" by Richard Overy and "The Penguin History of the Second World War" by Calvocoressi, Wint and Pritchard which i have both read and think highly of.
Our teacher also often quotes "The Second World War" by John Keegan.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
tigergal said:
lol at your comment about israel-arab..
i happen to be doing your 3 perfect topics.. they are pretty good but germany is huge.
so our teacher has given us "The Second World War" by R.A.C. Parker to read for this topic.. i would also recommend "Russia's War" by Richard Overy and "The Penguin History of the Second World War" by Calvocoressi, Wint and Pritchard which i have both read and think highly of.
Our teacher also often quotes "The Second World War" by John Keegan.
Almost every school does Germany for their national study. The topic might be big, but it’s so easy and simple especially the Weimar Era - just think politically, socially, and economically. And most questions tend to be around the same areas, from what i've seen.

I as well do all three topics. I would have rather done Conflict In The Pacific though, as i'm finding it quite hard to gather information for the topic.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Does it have anything on Britain and Germany's homefront?
Not really, come to think of it, just a bit on the Resistance in Europe, which isn't exactly the home front.

HSC
the whole topic is stuffed.

I thought it would b easy cause WWII is like general knowledge but theres no source or areas were u can get help from.

Who else thinks they fail this part of their trails?

minnie3

HSC
Yeah trials are gonna be a killer for this topic. Just hope that your school replaces the set question with one that you will be able to answer.

Ive heard that the question will most likely be pretty broard tho giving u lots to answer on.....except maybe that homefront question on the spec. paper...but home fronts are easy!

Tommytom

HSC
You're all pussys WW2 is piss easy 99.55 UAI aims my ass u cant even study a simple war.

Last edited:

donkeydal

HSC
i agree, if you have Key featurs just read the WW2 section...not very hard...its all in there

AChildOfBodom

HSC
Germany is not rocket science, and its a sight easier than most other units. Just approach it in these 3 sections:

Weimar: 1918-1929
Hitler and the Nazi's: 1923-1933
Establishing the Totalitarian State: 1933-1939

Easy.

Cindi_99

HSC
Key features is too brief for me, I’m paranoid I haven’t got enough info. That’s what David Christian does to you...

My guess is that the eassy will be an assessment of appeasement... fingers crossed!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Cindi_99 said:
Key features is too brief for me, I’m paranoid I haven’t got enough info. That’s what David Christian does to you...

My guess is that the eassy will be an assessment of appeasement... fingers crossed!
A majority of the Conflict in Europe topic derives from the old Germany syllabus. Hence, just look through various textbooks such as Republic to Reich, if you're in need for more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)