Conflict in the Pacific HELP (1 Viewer)

mjZeeee

heey guys..
i was wondering on how to answer this assessment task!
provide information on the causes, details and consequences of
1. A-Bomb dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (1945) or
2. Peace Treaty with Japan (1951)

which one should i pick? :chainsaw:

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
well, if you ask me, and i assume you have. i would answer the a bomb qu, just because it may be wasier to talk about seeing as teh peace treaty one is largly political. you can talk about why te bomb was dropped, ie, russia (display might and end war quicky before russia could do anything signifigant on that front), truman, experimentation, overwhealming and unrealistic land invasion of mainland japan esp since the massive losses by allies at okinawa etc, then on consequenses, talk about russia the reaction (saw american might, couldnt claim that they had done much in teh war and tehrefore couldnt claim much territiory) that all i can think off teh top of my head. dunno if i helped, you could also talk about how the a bomb was teh catalyst of teh cold war, but i dunno what teh exact qu is.
good luck

HSC
yeah i agree, do the first one. The consequences bit is easier i think... the dropping of the a-bomb basically initiated both the arms race and the cold war itself, both of which had significant and long ranging consequences: deterrent to all out war, economic strain on both powers, ecological consequences...
Even though the consequences aren't always direct, theyre pretty substantial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)