Conflicting messages, who is right? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Ok, so I'm doing a 4 yr degree (B.COM LIB) at USYD and wanna do a cadetship with a firm like EY or PWC. In my case, I'm aiming to apply as a 1st yr uni student to start next yr. The problem is, I go ring PWC; for example, and they say that the traineeship is only for 3 yr commerce students but on their facebook wall, one of their people said that I was eligible to apply. Also, for EY I rang them up and they said the same thing but I'm still awaiting a response on their wall.

So, can someone doing a degree like mine still do a cadetship in a big 4 firm or not? I'm srsly confused because some ppl tell me this and others tell me that...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
By default it's only for 3 year Commerce degrees, and any other degrees are the exception rather than the rule. Typically you need to negotiate it into your contract (once you've been offered one).

ps. Technically speaking you can apply, but they might ask you to drop the LIB and switch to a normal Commerce degree. That's my guess.

HSC
N/A
By default it's only for 3 year Commerce degrees, and any other degrees are the exception rather than the rule. Typically you need to negotiate it into your contract (once you've been offered one).

ps. Technically speaking you can apply, but they might ask you to drop the LIB and switch to a normal Commerce degree. That's my guess.
u reckon there'll be some chance for me to still apply man? i srsly wanna do a cadetship :( in the last-case scenario, would dropping down to single Commerce degree be hard? I know you go to UNSW but maybe you know of others in my boat, *sigh*

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's just a matter of ensuring your subject selections meet the requirements for the single degree. I don't know enough about either your course or uni to answer unfortunately.

If I were you I'd just apply and then when it comes time to make it work, figure it out then. As long as you know you're committed to working full time as a cadet and pursue a career as a CA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)