confused about AHST102 tutorial exercises? (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
just wondering if any MQ ancient historians (doing Greek Society of course!) could help me out...

i understand that we gotta have to pick two out of the given ten tutorial exercises which contribute to the final assessment. what i don't get, is when they're due? :( i know bruuuuce said you have to hand it in before the tutorial starts so people can't "cheat" and have an extra hour :eek: *big woopie!* but say you wanna do week 3's tutorial exercise, does that mean it has to be handed in in week 3 or week 4?!?!

aaand, when it comes to CHOOSING the two tutorial topics you wanna do - are we sposed to just skim over the ten topics outlined in the study guide and go "eenie meenie minee mo...yep i'll do this one!" ??? or are we assigned topics to do!?

sooo confused...and fark, this bruce man is ruining my love of ancient greece! :mad:

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
as far as im aware and i could be wrong (your best of to email them and ask) u hand it in before the tute (like as you walk in) on the day of your tute (btw that standard at all unis)

and in terms of picking topics i think thats just it i think we just pick what we wanta nd go from there....they might ask us to sign up for topics *shrug* i doubt theyd make you do something you dont want to. Fairly certain u pick what interests you

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You pick them in advance, do the research for them prior to the tutorial, then as the tutorial starts for that week, thats when you hand them up :)

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
just wondering if any MQ ancient historians (doing Greek Society of course!) could help me out...

i understand that we gotta have to pick two out of the given ten tutorial exercises which contribute to the final assessment. what i don't get, is when they're due? :( i know bruuuuce said you have to hand it in before the tutorial starts so people can't "cheat" and have an extra hour :eek: *big woopie!* but say you wanna do week 3's tutorial exercise, does that mean it has to be handed in in week 3 or week 4?!?!

aaand, when it comes to CHOOSING the two tutorial topics you wanna do - are we sposed to just skim over the ten topics outlined in the study guide and go "eenie meenie minee mo...yep i'll do this one!" ??? or are we assigned topics to do!?

sooo confused...and fark, this bruce man is ruining my love of ancient greece! :mad:
Hey are you in the 12PM class in rm 282 with Bruce? He's so much more interesting in person rather than in lecture...

With the tute papers, I *thinK* you hand in THAT WEEKS, ie question one is under the heading tutorial 3. You have to hand it in before that class. Remember, you get 4 shots at 2 papers (best 2 out of four), so best hand in the first one soonish. I've already started reading for one of mine. You chose the ones, btw, that you want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Meh, dont knock yourselves out, it may be true that handing 4 is a good idea, but its better to concentrate on two good ones, early on, and if they happen to be not what you expected, make sure you leave 2 more later on or one depending on your situation, so that you can rectify the situation.

From my experiences anyway.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Meh, dont knock yourselves out, it may be true that handing 4 is a good idea, but its better to concentrate on two good ones, early on, and if they happen to be not what you expected, make sure you leave 2 more later on or one depending on your situation, so that you can rectify the situation.

From my experiences anyway.
yeh, that's what I thought. That's why I'm doing it soonish rather than later, because none of my other subjects have the comfort of this 4-try system

*rinney*

HSC
kk i get it now, thanks people!

na i'm in the 1pm tutorial with bruce in W5A 312 (i think?) so that's the tutorial after yours...

yeah i think i'll get started on my tute exercises ASAP in case i "don't like it" or fuck it up and wanna do another one!! :eek:

X

xeuyrawp

Just a question- how many sources are you supposed to use for this? Do you just really talk with the sources in the Source Book / Lecture & Tute guides, or do you go full-out?

*rinney*

HSC
Hey

I have no fricken idea what sources we're sposed to use hey :confused:

But did you notice that AHST102 now FINALLY has a discussion board thingo, and Bruce has posted on it saying some shit like "feel free to say whatever you like on here, even about how dull and prosaic your lecturer is"

HAHAHAHAHA! So we've actually given him the impression that he's shite! Unless someone's lodged a complaint about how his monotonous voice works better than a sleeping pill in making you drop off, he must be able to tell from our body language how disengaged we are ;)

I actually feel sorry for him a bit cuz he's not exactly "supposed" to be there! He's a bit lame and try-hardish too; tries to be funny bahaha.

Ok, leave the poor dude alone. :p

Anyway, now that this discussion board is up, I posted him a msg asking him about tutorial exercises and what sources we're sposed to use. So I'll get back to this forum when I find out or you can bipp him too haha

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
Hey

I have no fricken idea what sources we're sposed to use hey :confused:

But did you notice that AHST102 now FINALLY has a discussion board thingo, and Bruce has posted on it saying some shit like "feel free to say whatever you like on here, even about how dull and prosaic your lecturer is"

HAHAHAHAHA! So we've actually given him the impression that he's shite! Unless someone's lodged a complaint about how his monotonous voice works better than a sleeping pill in making you drop off, he must be able to tell from our body language how disengaged we are ;)

I actually feel sorry for him a bit cuz he's not exactly "supposed" to be there! He's a bit lame and try-hardish too; tries to be funny bahaha.

Ok, leave the poor dude alone. :p

Anyway, now that this discussion board is up, I posted him a msg asking him about tutorial exercises and what sources we're sposed to use. So I'll get back to this forum when I find out or you can bipp him too haha

Thanks, you got a little green tick from me ;)

*rinney*

HSC
otay, got a reply from the brucemeister - he's sent a post to everyone about what i asked him, so check that out in your WebCT. it's a bit technical, but he basically says that you aren't expected to look at ALL the sources provided - they're just all there for you if you're looking for further source material etc. :)

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
otay, got a reply from the brucemeister - he's sent a post to everyone about what i asked him, so check that out in your WebCT. it's a bit technical, but he basically says that you aren't expected to look at ALL the sources provided - they're just all there for you if you're looking for further source material etc. :)

X

xeuyrawp

Crap. I handed one in for this week. I think that I messed it up.

*rinney*

HSC
oh, the one on Thucydides and Pericles' Funeral Oration?

d/w you can hand in four remember :) haha that's if you wanna do four. i've decided i'm gonna do menander and homer's iliad. :rolleyes:

haha and how gay is bruce's hair, sorry, just HAD to comment on it to somebody. he looks like he's got a gold pen and dribbled it through his scarce grey locks. eww :(

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:

d/w you can hand in four remember :) haha that's if you wanna do four. i've decided i'm gonna do menander and homer's iliad. :rolleyes:

haha and how gay is bruce's hair, sorry, just HAD to comment on it to somebody. he looks like he's got a gold pen and dribbled it through his scarce grey locks. eww :(
Yeh, I know.

I'm all for hair, but that's gotta be shaven.

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:

Have you got Grimesy's email, I really need to reach him. Probably best to PM me, thanks.

*rinney*

HSC
nup i don't have the brucemeister's email. i was wondering what it was too? just bipp him through webct maybe?

happy easter!

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
nup i don't have the brucemeister's email. i was wondering what it was too? just bipp him through webct maybe?

happy easter!
Okkies, thanks anyways. He gave me a good mark, so I'm happy:)

Happy easter to you, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)