Confused about Combined Commerce Degree (1 Viewer)

Speculate

HSC
N/A
So I'm currently hoping to get into BCommerce with a double degree in Fine Arts. But as I'm finding it to put as a preference I get this as the option, on UAC's Course Preference

["BCom/BA,or BEc,or BInfoSys,or BSc,or BFA,or BMedia(PR&Advt),or BSc(CompSc),or BAviMgt or BSc(Adv Sc),or BCom/BDes(Hons)-full time at UNSW - start date 02 Mar 2015"]

Perhaps it might be the most simplest answer, but Im just wondering, do they ask you later what you want as your double degree in conjunction with Commerce? Ugh, I can't explain it very well, but I'm hoping you all get what I mean :|.

Also, anyone currently doing this course in both Commerce and Fine Arts, if so how is it?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes they will give you a list of the available comm combined degrees for you to choose from. Been there

D94

HSC
N/A
Yep, it's during the initial enrolment stage where you choose which specific combination you want. Very simple process.

asi9

HSC
Fine Arts is in Paddington campus isn't it? Does that mean you would be moving between both campuses?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Fine Arts is in Paddington campus isn't it? Does that mean you would be moving between both campuses?
Yeah, Fine Arts is done within the COFA faculty. All students doing combined degrees with the COFA faculty have this issue, however there are regular unsw shuttle buses every hr along with various other buses throughout the day. That being said, one subject (not sure which one) within COFA was actually done at kenso for an unknown reason.

To the OP, what exactly do you want out of fine arts? It is quite intense during the semester because you'll have multiple projects at once (wouldn't be as bad in a combined degree as you'll only be doing 2 cofa subs). Generally, some of the lecturers/tutors are can be quite biased and dictate what he/she wants the project outcome to be, despite the course outline saying a completely opposite thing. My gf experienced this firsthand and it was very frustrating. The faculty is also less organised and some lecturers regularly turn up late to class/don't seem to care. Also, the course seems to have a large turnover with quite a few students transferring to other degrees.

I'm clearly not selling the degree, however be aware of what you get yourself into before doing it. It isn't going to be a bludge course where you paint all class, quite the contrary. That being said, you will get some amazing lecturers that really try to develop your skills through external projects and events such as invite only exhibitions if your work is up to scratch.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
When you enrol, you will be given a list of available combinations and then you will be able to choose, and yes you will need to move between COFA and the main campus, so take that into consideration when you're planning your timetable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)