confused about ranks??? (1 Viewer)

Catwalk

HSC
someone told me that ranks stay the same even after hsc exams. so if my internal rank is 20th i'll get the 20th highest hsc mark regardless?

can someone pleeaase explain how this works?? its driving me crazy

Pict

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Your internal rank stays the same, and determines which HSC exam mark you get as your assessment mark. You get your own mark for the HSC exam as your exam mark, regardless of your rank.
These two sentences have summed up the system in an easier way than a 1 hour information session with like 10 teachers.

Cheers bruvva.

Catwalk

HSC
yea i agree!! thanks so much!! it finally makes sense. so that means i have to get the rest of the year to do well to boost my marks

~Han~

HSC
so does that mean if u are coming first in every subject and you get the highest hsc exam mark in your year for every subject, you get the same internal assessment mark as hsc mark?

Dongle

HSC
But isn't that unfair to someone who's beaten in internal assessments to get a good score in the HSC, only to help the no. 1 person anyway?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Dongle said:
But isn't that unfair to someone who's beaten in internal assessments to get a good score in the HSC, only to help the no. 1 person anyway?
The HSC rewards consistent and good effort over the full HSC year, and thus they have this sytem in place, and beside the person who scores the higher mark will still keep their mark as their exam mark.

eleanor88

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Your internal rank stays the same, and determines which HSC exam mark you get as your assessment mark. You get your own mark for the HSC exam as your exam mark, regardless of your rank.
OMG. You are my hero. FINALLY I can grasp what the HSC is (sort of) about. Cheers for that concise and simple explanation. Makes sense.

Cheers.

Elle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)