Confused about timetables/Units etc. (1 Viewer)

Ademir

HSC
But its not possible for me to have 68 non-Law cps overall or 18 cp in level 300 arts units.

my overall degree doesnt have enough room to fit that many cp in, and as for the level 300 units, the max i can do is 16 cp in 3rd year (cant do it earlier because of its requirements) and i dont think im supposed to do any in 4th and 5th (all law units).

david1337king

HSC
With the timetables, how many tutes and lectures do we choose.
Also, there is Lecture 1, lecture 2, lecture 3 with Class 1, class 2, class 3 etc. Do we just choose a class from all 3 lectures? and do we do the same process with tutorials?

Btw, do we study one subject at a time or a few at the same time or 12 units in the 1st semester at the same time?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You choose ONE class from each category.

Lecture 1 has 1 choice. Compulsory.

Lecture 2 has 2 choices. Choose which one suits you.

Tutorial 1 has 18 choices. Choose one class.

david1337king

HSC
Cheers mate.

Oh another question, do we study all our 12 credit points of subjects in semester 1 at the same time, or do we finish 1 subject, then move on to another?

Thanks

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
david1337king said:
Oh another question, do we study all our 12 credit points of subjects in semester 1 at the same time, or do we finish 1 subject, then move on to another?

Thanks
You study all the subjects (i'm guessing you're doing 4 subjects) at the same time, like you did in the HSC.

david1337king

HSC
Yea, 4 subjects in the first semester. and Im thinking about doing 3 200 level subjects in the second semester. The prerequisites are the subjects that Im doing in the first semester. Is this allowed?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sure, as long as you can satisfy the pre-reqs you'll be fine

X

xeuyrawp

Ademir said:
But its not possible for me to have 68 non-Law cps overall or 18 cp in level 300 arts units.

my overall degree doesnt have enough room to fit that many cp in, and as for the level 300 units, the max i can do is 16 cp in 3rd year (cant do it earlier because of its requirements) and i dont think im supposed to do any in 4th and 5th (all law units).
Er, best way to think about it is:

First Semester:
LAW114,
3x non-law subjects

Second Semester:
LAW115,
3x non-law subjects.

Figuring out second semester is not so much of an issue - generally you may actually change the units after you see how first semester goes. You may also chose to only do 2x non-law subjects in your first semester - although the law department recommends doing 3, so see how it goes.

Straight-forward now? You don't have to worry too much about 'your degree' at the moment - just make sure you get the two LAW units and then some other units that you're interested in. Next year, you'll need to make more of a decision, but by the time you need to make that decision, things will be clearer. :)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
david1337king said:
Yea, 4 subjects in the first semester. and Im thinking about doing 3 200 level subjects in the second semester. The prerequisites are the subjects that Im doing in the first semester. Is this allowed?
Just make sure that you'll be able to satisfy the prerequisites of the subjects you are going to take in semester 1 of 2nd year as they may include some 100lvl units which are available only in sem2.

david1337king

HSC
thanks for the tip. Im almost finished, got the timetable all done, hopefully its right. lol. Just need to choose 2 more electives. Im not sure if I want to do a subject that is standard or advanced. eg, comp115 (standard) and comp 155 (advanced). I can only choose 1 since both NCCW each other. Whats the difference between the advanced and standard. Is it like the hsc where one gets scaled better or something?

david1337king

HSC
Finished my timetable. Just wondering, Im doing 12 cp for each semester. In semester 1, i have a total of 15 hours of lectures, tutes, and pracs in total. And I managed to fit it in to 3 days. Is this normal?

Bazzyllian

HSC
Ok something i'm unsure about:

I'm doing Biodiversity and Conservation...

Minimum number of credit points - 68; maximum number of credit points at 100 level - 30; minimum number of credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 34; minimum number of credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 18, which must include the following approved coherent study:

or specifically:

minimum number of credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 34;

I'm confused about what it means... everyone's saying 12cp per semester generally... that's 34cps from 200s? Or does it mean i need to do a combination of 34cp in 200s and 300s, and atleast 18 from 300s? eg: 18 points in 300s and 16 in 200s?

I'm going to look stupid in a second, but I need to get this proposed form done :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Bazzyllian said:
Ok something i'm unsure about:

I'm doing Biodiversity and Conservation...

Minimum number of credit points - 68; maximum number of credit points at 100 level - 30; minimum number of credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 34; minimum number of credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 18, which must include the following approved coherent study:

or specifically:

minimum number of credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Undergraduate Units as science units - 34;

I'm confused about what it means... everyone's saying 12cp per semester generally... that's 34cps from 200s? Or does it mean i need to do a combination of 34cp in 200s and 300s, and atleast 18 from 300s? eg: 18 points in 300s and 16 in 200s?

I'm going to look stupid in a second, but I need to get this proposed form done :p
Yeah

P

pLuvia

david1337king said:
Finished my timetable. Just wondering, Im doing 12 cp for each semester. In semester 1, i have a total of 15 hours of lectures, tutes, and pracs in total. And I managed to fit it in to 3 days. Is this normal?
That's lucky lol not normal :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Media doesn't have too many cores, its because we got a bunch of other stuff you can use as electives :)

HSC
hey guys,

just wondering if first year students are able to change a unit online after enrolment (since we had to get our units/timetable approved)???

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From memory you can't, but you can change it again at 'terminals' for the first two weeks me thinks.

X

xeuyrawp

I'm pretty sure you can. That's why unit choice wasn't such an issue at enrolment - you just had to be put on the computer system, so you could go home and change it yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)