ConFUseD! how to Write Notes 4 Physics (1 Viewer)

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
hey everyone im having a serious dilemma! what do u think is the best way to write notes for physics? i started my syllabus based notes dot for dot (im in yr 11 but we started Space) ... and then when I asked this other physics teacher at my skool how i should set out my study notes and he goes: "you need much more than the syllabus"
i guess he's rite cuz when i tried to do my holiday homework (this enormous packet of past hSc physics questions) i had difficulty... u can't really understand the entire module from OnLy the syllabus.

the teacher told me that "the syllabus is just the skeleton of the course"

what do u think? HsC students how do u prepare ur study notes... lotza background in them or what?

Wackedupwacko

HSC
firstly writing notes via dot points should be the basics.... you need to know every dot point. what you want to do after that is mayb do a little research on some of the points.... like for example in quanta to quarks.. you have things like : discuss the limiations of bohrs model which include things like zeeman effect and hyperfine lines... these arent really in textbooks (or not well explained) and thus needs other sources.

general rule of thumb... if any of the dot points can be expanded on (eg they use verbs: discuss, analyses, compare and account) then you might want to research what the dot points a bit more because i can tell you that thats where all the high mark questions come from and you do need to be able to write a block of information in tehre not just bs.

helper

HSC
N/A
For written answers, dot point summaries are fine but its also important to have sample questions, that involve manipulation of the information or cross reference multiple dot points.

Also don't forget the skills section of the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)