• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

confused..late round question (1 Viewer)

jackko

HSC
Ive accepted into B business & commerce at uws in the main round but i haven't enrolled yet, this was my first preference.
However i wish to apply for late round to see if i get any other offers from other unis.
so am i eligible for the late round? it says i must remove the first preference of BBC and change the preferences around.
also can i add new preferences if i want to?

thanks in advance. please help :(

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah should be all alright. Check the FAQs on the UAC site. Late round offers are only made, provided the course(s) you want is not full and you meet the ATAR criteria.

jackko

HSC
what are the chances if you are 1-2 points off IT at Mq for example but there are vacancies?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
what are the chances if you are 1-2 points off IT at Mq for example but there are vacancies?
Pretty high. I got offered BIT at USyd in Main Round. The ATAR requirement was at least 92. I got 90.

Also: Did you read this?

"If I receive an offer, can I accept it and change preferences for a later round?

If you receive an offer to your first preference in one offer round, you won’t be considered for your lower preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your preferences.

If you’d like to be considered for other courses, you need to remove your first preference and put your new preferred course as your first preference before the closing date for the next offer round. Read key dates for closing dates.

If you receive an offer to a lower preference in an offer round, you’ll automatically be considered for your higher preferences in subsequent rounds."

FAQs: http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/offers-selection.shtml

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Make sure you have accepted and enrolled in the current offer you have in case you dont get a late round offer.

jackko

HSC
so i accept & ENROLL? thus i can go back to BBC if i dont get any offers?

I thought once your enrolled, you cant change to another course

thanks for the help guys

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
so i accept & ENROLL? thus i can go back to BBC if i dont get any offers?

I thought once your enrolled, you cant change to another course

thanks for the help guys
Enrollment is only done locally within the uni itself.

Changing your preferences is done locally within UAC.

UAC doesn't see what you enroll in at uni. Your uni doesn't see what your preferences are. They are both independent of each other.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Make sure you enrol. You can enrol in the course you got and then withdraw if you get your actual wanted course in the Late/Final rounds.

If you don't enrol in the current course, and then miss out on the Late/Final rounds, you'll be kicking yourself.

danielau

HSC
Pretty high. I got offered BIT at USyd in Main Round. The ATAR requirement was at least 92. I got 90.

Also: Did you read this?

"If I receive an offer, can I accept it and change preferences for a later round?

If you receive an offer to your first preference in one offer round, you won’t be considered for your lower preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your preferences.

If you’d like to be considered for other courses, you need to remove your first preference and put your new preferred course as your first preference before the closing date for the next offer round. Read key dates for closing dates.

If you receive an offer to a lower preference in an offer round, you’ll automatically be considered for your higher preferences in subsequent rounds."

FAQs: http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/offers-selection.shtml
Hi
I didnt know that USYD accepted people below the cut-off. I though they were extremely strict about that! And are you sure that getting into a course with 2 less atar in the late round is high? Can you please help me with this : I got an atar of 75.6 and the course I really want to get into in the late round had a 75.00 cut off from the main round. What are my chances of being offered? I know the atar spikes alot from the main to late round. Thanks in advance! - oh it also has vacancies :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Which course is this for? You have a significant chance of getting in - all the best. :)

danielau

HSC
^ Which course is this for? You have a significant chance of getting in - all the best. :)
It is for social research and policy at unsw :) And really?!!! You are the only person who has used a stronger adjective than a "good" chance of getting in haha XD Everyone else I have asked says it is very unlikely :(

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It is for social research and policy at unsw :) And really?!!! You are the only person who has used a stronger adjective than a "good" chance of getting in haha XD Everyone else I have asked says it is very unlikely :(
Aha! Even I am not too sure about your chances but since your ATAR is above the cut-off is why I said there is a 'significant' chance. Any other courses you're looking into?

danielau

HSC
Aha! Even I am not too sure about your chances but since your ATAR is above the cut-off is why I said there is a 'significant' chance. Any other courses you're looking into?
The other couse is liberal arts and science at usyd but I really dont want to do that now. Hoping to get into social :/ You know the atar cut off that was published in the main round . Is that teh atar that was used to give offers during main round or are those the atars u need to be competitve for the late rounds? Meaning since it said 75 as the cut off does that mean since i got over it i will be considered for late round? or does that 75 mean the people that got over 75 was offered in main round?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
The other couse is liberal arts and science at usyd but I really dont want to do that now. Hoping to get into social :/ You know the atar cut off that was published in the main round . Is that teh atar that was used to give offers during main round or are those the atars u need to be competitve for the late rounds? Meaning since it said 75 as the cut off does that mean since i got over it i will be considered for late round? or does that 75 mean the people that got over 75 was offered in main round?
Best to contact UNSW about that. Sometimes the cut-offs reflects the ATAR of the last successful student that gained admission to the course. Others are fixed - like Medicine and Law. Cut-offs fluctuate depending on supply and demand and most universities will want to fill up those course vacancies. Good luck once again. :)

danielau

HSC
Best to contact UNSW about that. Sometimes the cut-offs reflects the ATAR of the last successful student that gained admission to the course. Others are fixed - like Medicine and Law. Cut-offs fluctuate depending on supply and demand and most universities will want to fill up those course vacancies. Good luck once again. :)
thankyou :) will let you know how i go on wednesday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)