Confused...very confused...HELP! (1 Viewer)

YamiHelen

HSC
Hello, I'm a new student who is expected to start this semester at UNSW!

I've decided that I wanted to study B Arts/Education (Secondary), and I got an offer! But, there's a problem...

I am absolutely confused out of my head as to which courses I must enrol for this dual degree. So, I've just got a few questions:

1) I want to learn History (major) and English (minor). Does that mean that I only need to select "history method 1" and "english method 1" for the majors/minors?

2) Since in Semester 1 there is a total of 24 UOC that a student must study, does that mean that I can choose a random arts course for my remaining 6 credits (I was thinking of choosing "introducing korean A") after the education course and the major/minor courses?

3) Since I wanted to choose history as the major, do I have to enrol any other courses taught in that subject, or is the "History method" enough?

So sorry to throw out so many questions for everyone, but I'm just in real need of some guidance here ^^

Thanks in advance!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hello, I'm a new student who is expected to start this semester at UNSW!

I've decided that I wanted to study B Arts/Education (Secondary), and I got an offer! But, there's a problem...

I am absolutely confused out of my head as to which courses I must enrol for this dual degree. So, I've just got a few questions:

1) I want to learn History (major) and English (minor). Does that mean that I only need to select "history method 1" and "english method 1" for the majors/minors?

2) Since in Semester 1 there is a total of 24 UOC that a student must study, does that mean that I can choose a random arts course for my remaining 6 credits (I was thinking of choosing "introducing korean A") after the education course and the major/minor courses?

3) Since I wanted to choose history as the major, do I have to enrol any other courses taught in that subject, or is the "History method" enough?

So sorry to throw out so many questions for everyone, but I'm just in real need of some guidance here ^^

Thanks in advance!
So I'm assuming it's this: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2013/4054.html

1. You're talking about the Sample program? I'm not sure where you're looking.

2. Yes, but if you can find a course that'll definitely count towards your degree like an Education core or another History or English course, I'd advise you to take that instead.

3. You need to look at this for History: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2013/HISTB14054.html

I'm not sure what you're looking at?

YamiHelen

HSC
@shadowdude

It's alright now; I gave a call to the Arts Student Centre and they helped me out with my problem. It seems that I was enrolling in the wrong courses ><

And I do apologise if I wasn't that clear in my questioning, but thank you for replying anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)