Confused with unit enrolments! (1 Viewer)

T

talene

Okay, I have to pick between STAT102 (Business Statistics) and INFO 111 (Discrete Mathematics). I haven't done maths for a while (I went to CSU studying psych in 2005 and did my HSC in 2004 which was General Math anyway...and since then I have only done a small part of statistics in psychology), so I am unsure which subject to pick. I noticed that whichever suject I pick, I won't be able to do the other at any point later on in the degree, and I don't want to disadvantage myself by picking the wrong one.

I sent an email to my course coordinator and they told me to contact someone else, which I have but I haven't receieved a reply yet.

Help! Is anyone here doing/starting B Business/B Info Systems because I don't know what to do! Will anything go wrong if I leave it until O week?

Also, how do we access the uni forums on the ACU website?

vanity

HSC
stats is like a billion times harder than discrete maths
i've done discrete maths before and it's so so so easy it's not funny!! It's up to you, but i'd choose discrete maths just to get it over and done with. Then again, if you pick stats you get to do it with all the first year bizzo students so i dunno! up to you!

also what do you mean by "uni forums" ?? i've never seen any on their website. Or do you mean on WebCT?? you get to do that in your tutes i think.

I have a feeling that stats is in first semester and maths is in second, so call the course co-ordinator and find out what the deal is.

good luck babe

T

talene

vanity said:
also what do you mean by "uni forums" ?? i've never seen any on their website. Or do you mean on WebCT?? you get to do that in your tutes i think.
I meant, does ACU have any online forums like these, but on their website? (I don't know what WebCT is...I presume it answers my question though!).

vanity said:
I have a feeling that stats is in first semester and maths is in second, so call the course co-ordinator and find out what the deal is.
I contacted the course coordinator and they said to contact another person, so I did and receieved an automated response because they are out until sometime in Feb :(

Also, I don't think it is possible to do one subject in first semester, and the other in the second because (going by the course outline) I already have 5 subjects in my first semester, and 4 in my second...I think I'm just going to leave it till O-Week, hopefully nothing will go wrong but I tried contacting the appropriate people and they are all away!

mishka

HSC
N/A
As far as I know we don't have uni forums. Webct can only be accessed if you are enrolled in a unit that is linked to it. Maybe you need to compare the two and decide which is going to interest you more. I'm sure both would be as viable as the other... however I would try to get it sorted out before O-Week, the administration has to put up with a lot of enquiries in the first month or so... :)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
ok, there the same thing
best bet is to stat with jimmy. the bloke who everyone laughs at. but he got his revenge by failing a shit load of people in cluding me. its all a good course.:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

T

talene

I picked discrete maths. I will blame everyone on this forum if I fail :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
in no way will i be responsible for other people failing subjects :p good decision though!!!

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
:rofl: ok i do bach of business at acu. i know best

ok
if u do bach bus and info : you can choose whether to stat or discrete
bach business u have to do stats.
info gotta do discrete :burn: :burn: :burn:

btw are all you people in this forum all female

T

talene

while on the topic, what's the male to female ratio in the business/is courses? coming from a psych/teaching background, i'm used to seeing a male once in a blue moon in my course haha

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
ok sorry for late reply. the male to female ratio.
}|??????????

is even, more females than males, but depends on certain days. so you are doing bach of business, are u credited some subject

i might see you around, even though i transferred i'm still a fan favourite there and i pop there regularly to see mates and people who i know and dont know, and p;ropberly see you there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)