confusion about writing outside the lines. (1 Viewer)

cj_bridle

HSC
there is a bit of confusion with the science dept at my school... some think that if you write out of the lines in teh hsc that you are marked down. others think that its just a guide and wont affect the marking at all...

my logic says that it should affect the marking at all seeing as if it did people with larger writing would be advantaged... does anyone know whats the deal?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i dont think it matters, i see alot of band 6 answers that write double the length of the lines. Alot of the times its impossible to fit a 4 mark answer into 6 lines so you have to

sig

HSC
I always write over if I beleive I need to....my handwriting is pretty big

Basically your unrestricted to how much u write in the option topics...so yeah...might as well write as much as you see fit

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
your teachers are wrong.

You write what you need to write end of story. If you don't have enough space on the lines provided, link it in your booklet thing if you have to.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
my teacher said it's okay as long as you use separate paper if there's no room. Just make sure you say continued on back page etc. Cos she said theres nothign worse than having to read answers which have been written round and round the page in tiny writing. then the teachers get pissed off and are more likely to mark you down for small things.

cj_bridle

HSC
okay thanx a lot for the help people.. im glad i got that sorted.. now i can stop my class from stressing :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
cj_bridle said:
there is a bit of confusion with the science dept at my school... some think that if you write out of the lines in teh hsc that you are marked down. others think that its just a guide and wont affect the marking at all...

my logic says that it should affect the marking at all seeing as if it did people with larger writing would be advantaged... does anyone know whats the deal?

our teacher has marked hsc before and says, if you write something even if it is outside of lines it will get marked. she said markers are instructed to mark anything thats on the page and not crossed out.

in school cert. science i crossed out the "end of page" thing at the bottom and kept writing and it was all good

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
this other chem teacher @ my school says 2 remember "quality vs quantity" people that do good in chem can express themselves using minium amount of lines, they then save time and get the same marks. just beacuse there is 10 lines doesnt mean you need ot use 10 lines. even if it is a 10 line question, you can answer in 2 by buying precises and get full marks and save time. dont blabber on for chem it wont get you places guarennteed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)