confusion of this whole aligning of marks thing. (1 Viewer)

httton

HSC
so say:
In School
- im ranked 20th (untouched internal mark: 86%)
- rank 1 has (untouched internal mark 89%)

HSC
so rank 1 goes to hsc and gets 75, while i get 95... then you have the guy who comes 20th in my cohort getting 60%

does that mean rank 1 person gets 95 for internal and 75 for external
and i get 60% in my internal and 95 for my external

the numbers might be off but is that how it works?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
No.

@op is almost right

Roughly this is how it works
Your correct in saying ranked first will get your mark of 95.

How it goes is. EVERYONE keeps there external mark. So what you get in your hsc EXTERNAL RXAM you will keep

Your internal mark is derived from your relative ranks an gaps. So first will get the highest mark and so on. However second and so on will have a moderated mark based on your internal gap. Such as if there is a 10 mark gap between 1st and second it will show relatively similar to you internal mark

Also aligning is the raw mark process. I.e your scored 75% in maths. After allignijg it is equal to a band 6

Mdzabakly

HSC
No.

@op is almost right

How it goes is. EVERYONE keeps there external mark. So what you get in your hsc EXTERNAL RXAM you will keep

Your internal mark is derived from your relative ranks an gaps. So first will get the highest mark and so on. However second and so on will have a moderated mark based on your internal gap. Such as if there is a 10 mark gap between 1st and second it will show relatively similar to you internal mark

Also aligning is the raw mark process. I.e your scored 75% in maths. After allignijg it is equal to a band 6
Op?

enoilgam

HSC
No.

@op is almost right

This pretty much. Except that aligning standards change from year to year. So just because 75% = 90 last year, doesnt necessarily mean that it will be the case this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)