Congratulations Art Express Nominees! (1 Viewer)

Porcia

HSC
anyway - when do the actual notifications come out

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
From an email sent to a little bird / girl whose dad is a marker/past marker/whatever:

About Art Express... not all the artworks have been marked yet - ours for example.
On the day, if an artwork has been nominated the markers hand the principal a piece of over-rated paper that basically says "Yippy doo dah! heres something for you to brag about at the next assembly - one of your artworks squeezed out a nomination for art express - its now one of the many many artworks to get nominated - but dont hold your breath, we like getting peoples hopes up then shattering it by picking lame works from prestigious schools who can afford to bribe us."
They have to average a very high mark to get in, and its all a farce anyway :p

...sooo... Whenever yours is marked, you might hear unofficial whisperings from your teachers.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HinikuTheNinja said:
From an email sent to a little bird / girl whose dad is a marker/past marker/whatever:

About Art Express... not all the artworks have been marked yet - ours for example.
On the day, if an artwork has been nominated the markers hand the principal a piece of over-rated paper that basically says "Yippy doo dah! heres something for you to brag about at the next assembly - one of your artworks squeezed out a nomination for art express - its now one of the many many artworks to get nominated - but dont hold your breath, we like getting peoples hopes up then shattering it by picking lame works from prestigious schools who can afford to bribe us."

...sooo... Whenever yours is marked, you might hear unofficial whisperings from your teachers.

<3 you're awesome< i should sig that, siggy miggy!

geegables

HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:

hahaha that is the greatest

HinikuTheNinja

HSC
Hahaha yeah, that Ritchie, she's a crack up. XD

EEEEEE I just found out three girls from my school have been nominated (which means they were marked today *dances*) HURRAY!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
HinikuTheNinja said:
Hahaha yeah, that Ritchie, she's a crack up. XD

EEEEEE I just found out three girls from my school have been nominated (which means they were marked today *dances*) HURRAY!

yay
Did you have to send urs away Migster? to a la Homebush bay?

MARK01

HSC
Our works haven't even been marked yet! They're being itinerately marked on tues, which unfortunately means we have a lesser chance of being preselected for Art Express.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
MARK01 said:
Our works haven't even been marked yet! They're being itinerately marked on tues, which unfortunately means we have a lesser chance of being preselected for Art Express.

So does not mean you have a lesser chance, you have as much a chance as everyone else because 800 works get preselected for Art Express. Otherwise its clearly an unfair advatantage. And anyway there are various TEAMS of markers (north cost, newcastle, south coast, out west) who are being sent and they've all got varying subjective viewpoints

x

HinikuTheNinja

HSC
Eep. I now know two of the people who're nominated from my school - my good friends Kristy (who did 6 paintings about the positive and negative affects of the school environment) and of course the wacky Ritchie (who did a series of paintings of various sizes and styles showing her home environment, and portraits of her pets).

Would you like pics? Though I should probably ask them first... hmmm.... *wonders off to ponder*

brucefeng644

HSC
N/A
LOLZ...yeah im asian...but why does"bruce" sound asian?? thought it was like aus...ever watch finding nemo?? anyways i dunno how to post my pic on dis thing...ermmm..a little help??? thanks...anyways i did self portraits...ermm..two...may not seem like much but i just managed to finished them literally in the last seconds...(finished cleaning the smugges in the morning of the end line)...they're "slightly" bigger than A3 though...anyways tell me how to post pic on this thing and yeah...thanks for the "extra kudos"

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
brucefeng644 said:
LOLZ...yeah im asian...but why does"bruce" sound asian?? thought it was like aus...ever watch finding nemo?? anyways i dunno how to post my pic on dis thing...ermmm..a little help??? thanks...anyways i did self portraits...ermm..two...may not seem like much but i just managed to finished them literally in the last seconds...(finished cleaning the smugges in the morning of the end line)...they're "slightly" bigger than A3 though...anyways tell me how to post pic on this thing and yeah...thanks for the "extra kudos"
www.tinypic.com
go there upload a pic, copy paste the URL here for me mr asian dude :)
Feng makes you asian
Bruce makes you sound like a Bruce Lee! :D

LISOC

HSC
for those who have submitted digital media and are wondering where their works are...chances are that if you haven't got them back by now, they've been preselected.

i could be completely wrong but my friend (who submitted her art under digital media) got hers back yesterday...

i'm wondering what the deal is with those submitted under a 'collection' of works. mine included digitally enhanced photographs and a couple of abstract paintings...no word as yet (but i do art through distance ed so who bloody knows)!

brucefeng644

HSC
N/A
hmmm...good point

far enough...did martial arts for like a month...does that make me worthy???

hope it does!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
LISOC said:
for those who have submitted digital media and are wondering where their works are...chances are that if you haven't got them back by now, they've been preselected.

i could be completely wrong but my friend (who submitted her art under digital media) got hers back yesterday...

i'm wondering what the deal is with those submitted under a 'collection' of works. mine included digitally enhanced photographs and a couple of abstract paintings...no word as yet (but i do art through distance ed so who bloody knows)!

Thanks LISOC.
I had mine under digital media and photography and I don't even know where they are! :| (I dont even know if my school is going to contact me!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)