CONQUER YOUR HSC TRIALS-free seminars-from a 99+ student (1 Viewer)

gahyunkk

HSC
Re: CONQUER YOUR HSC TRIALS-free seminars-july school holidays!

Sent PM:)!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

That's understandable. The year 12's should get priority since they have their HSC exams coming up.
But that's not to say I don't welcome year 11's to my seminar, indeed, I more than welcome them to come to my Constitution Hill session (Because I can adapt my seminar content to more specifically accommodate the needs of the year 11 students as well):)

turntaker

HSC

But that's not to say I don't welcome year 11's to my seminar, indeed, I more than welcome them to come to my Constitution Hill session (Because I can adapt my seminar content to more specifically accommodate the needs of the year 11 students as well):)
that's just English right?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

that's just English right?
For now... since I have put a lot of HSC content in my Chemistry seminar-I really want to reserve spots for year 12s first, but it is possible I will release some spots for year 11 closer to the seminar date...

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

TIP 1: For Chemistry, when you practice for exams, you must ensure you are doing it under strict exam conditions. Don't be tempted to look at the answers before you attempt all the question seriously. Because 'knowing' how to do a question after reading the answers is different from being able to apply your knowledge to it. Looking at answers to accelerate the process of finishing a practice 'exam' is not an efficient or effective way to study at all. Mark your work against the marking guidelines BEFORE reading the sample answers. You would be surprised how many people don't follow this tip and end up getting poor marks despite having attempted 'many past exams'. REMEMBER, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY-ALWAYS:)

flyingmwa

HSC

TIP 1: For Chemistry, when you practice for exams, you must ensure you are doing it under strict exam conditions. Don't be tempted to look at the answers before you attempt all the question seriously. Because 'knowing' how to do a question after reading the answers is different from being able to apply your knowledge to it. Looking at answers to accelerate the process of finishing a practice 'exam' is not an efficient or effective way to study at all. Mark your work against the marking guidelines BEFORE reading the sample answers. You would be surprised how many people don't follow this tip and end up getting poor marks despite having attempted 'many past exams'. REMEMBER, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY-ALWAYS:)
Thanks for this helpful tip! I am sure it will help everyone improve their results Mei! :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks for this helpful tip! I am sure it will help everyone improve their results Mei! :)
No worries:) Just make sure you actually follow it through:) A helpful tip is never quite as helpful as to the person who actually adopts it:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Tip 2 for Chemistry-It is surprising how many people lose marks unnecessarily in the multiple choice section because they under-estimate the difficulty of the question and have inbuilt assumptions of what the answer should be. Be very careful if you are one of these individuals, because even within multiple choice questions, there will be different levels of difficulty, make sure you are spending an adequate amount of time in the multiple choice section-and it is always important to read the question and interpret it very carefully.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Great idea strawberrye, good luck with your exam next Friday (or Thursday, can't remember).

I hope all you 2014ers take advantage of this opportunity because you won't get many chances like this ! I'm sure it will pay dividends for you in the externals.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Great idea strawberrye, good luck with your exam next Friday (or Thursday, can't remember).

I hope all you 2014ers take advantage of this opportunity because you won't get many chances like this ! I'm sure it will pay dividends for you in the externals.
Thanks for the compliment:) I actually have an exam on Thursday and Friday:) Good luck with your exams as well:) For anyone who may be worrying about my credentials, I got 93 in English Advanced and 94 in Chemistry, so you can rest assured you will get genuine band 6 tips:)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A

Bump for this great seminar :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Tip: Don't find excuses for poor performances or inadequate exam preparation-learn from these mistakes and take responsibility for your own learning-when you start to blame another individual-such as your parents, or siblings or a bad teacher or bad friendships-you will not be getting anywhere to achieve genuine results. Be harsh, realistic and optimistic:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Motivation Tip 1: Sometimes you may be in a circumstance where you are at a disadvantage compared to others, whether it be socio-economic background, family circumstances, personal responsibilities and what not. However, just remember this-don't let your circumstances defined what you can achieve-try to transform these circumstances into catalysts for achieving more. Live everyday to the fullest and you have truly lived:)

Carpe Diem everyone!:)

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

Motivation Tip 1: Sometimes you may be in a circumstance where you are at a disadvantage compared to others, whether it be socio-economic background, family circumstances, personal responsibilities and what not. However, just remember this-don't let your circumstances defined what you can achieve-try to transform these circumstances into catalysts for achieving more. Live everyday to the fullest and you have truly lived:)

Carpe Diem everyone!:)
Well said Strawberrye!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
English tip 2: It is important to develop a holistic appreciation of the complexity of belonging. While it may be easy to recognise that inclusion and exclusion may represent the dichotomy of belonging, it is also important to be aware that there are different degrees of belonging and different natures-i.e. permanent vs transitory, genuine vs superficial etc... the more you develop this awareness, the better your conceptual thesis and essays will be:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have opened up a number of spots for year 11s for my chemistry lecture, if you are interested, send me a PM:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For those who are wondering whether I will be releasing my seminar slides for this seminar as I have done for my previous seminars, the short answer is I will not be releasing the slides (this serves as an extra incentive to come:))-students will get the maximum benefit from being physically there on the day:)

iStudent

HSC
Great work!
Your seminar is even in my school's newletter, haha. :)
Looking forward to the day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)