Consecutive lectures (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I took the Basser steps (the ones going up from the Quad right?) on one of the Open Days and on the co-op interview day...I got used to it after a few return trips :p
I used to run from unigym (just at Anzac Parade) up to Mathews after volleyball training on some days...its not hard, but getting into a lecture and sitting down sweating is somewhat uncomfortable.

~ ReNcH ~ said:
But as gman said, I wouldn't mind doing it unless I had a 10kg bag on my shoulders. Actually, do you guys really need to carry textbooks to uni? You can't really use them in lectures anyway...
No usually not - textbooks are usually for homework or your own reference. Even carrying around a 3kg laptop gets difficult sometimes.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
I tend to take books with me so i can study at lunch and between classes if i get a chance. Usually i can plan it so that i only take one or two books though. Sometimes you will need books for tuts too.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Actually, do you guys really need to carry textbooks to uni?
If you plan to study the material in your breaks or whatever, possibly. With textbooks, its best not to carry them in your bag, it puts more weight on your shoulders. Just carry them in your arm because:
1. you look more intelligent
2. it builds up your arm muscles

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Pfft the lower->upper walk isn't that bad. I've done it a few times. And I'm one of the most unfit people you'll ever know.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The load can be heavy if you have course readers or textbooks for tutorials. Or if you've just checked out half a dozen library books - as I can attest :eek:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Dumsum said:
Pfft the lower->upper walk isn't that bad. I've done it a few times. And I'm one of the most unfit people you'll ever know.
I assume you've never done it while rushing from one class to another.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Do you guys think it's a bad idea to have 3 consecutive lectures (4 hours) on the one day? I've made a very rough timetable and it looks like I've got a choice between a 9am start on 2 days, or 3 lectures in a row on Thursday (all days are a 10am start).

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I too made a rough timetable but on Mondays and Fridays ended up with random tutes at like 4-5 pm. This is after a 3 hour break.

sunny

meh.
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Do you guys think it's a bad idea to have 3 consecutive lectures (4 hours) on the one day? I've made a very rough timetable and it looks like I've got a choice between a 9am start on 2 days, or 3 lectures in a row on Thursday (all days are a 10am start).
That depends whether you can concentrate for 4 hours.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sunny said:
That depends whether you can concentrate for 4 hours.
Hehe :p
I reckon I could, but I'm more worried about my stomach going without food for 5 hours - are you allowed to eat in class?
Dumsum said:
I too made a rough timetable but on Mondays and Fridays ended up with random tutes at like 4-5 pm. This is after a 3 hour break.
Yea, I'm trying to squeeze everything between 10am and 2pm, and maybe 3pm on one day. But now for me, it's 9am start vs 4 hours without a break :rolleyes:

EDIT: why can't they make Law 4 x 1 hr lectures? :(

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Dumsum said:
Looks like I've got a 3 hour gap on monday too. Hooray.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I reckon I could, but I'm more worried about my stomach going without food for 5 hours - are you allowed to eat in class?
Technically no. Most CATS rooms (classrooms, lecture halls) have a no-food and no-drinks rule, but please feel free to ignore that, like thousands of other like-minded hungry students.

In other words, yes you can eat in classes, although you are not supposed to.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
Technically no. Most CATS rooms (classrooms, lecture halls) have a no-food and no-drinks rule, but please feel free to ignore that, like thousands of other like-minded hungry students.
In other words, yes you can eat in classes, although you are not supposed to.
Just like maths class :rolleyes: *nostalgia sets in*

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Airness said:
Just like maths class :rolleyes: *nostalgia sets in*
Haha.
Friends of mine used to by take-away Chinese from the shops at lunch and eat in in maths...obviously feeding your stomach > learning how to add. :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
30 uoc, only one clash, and monday practically off (only 1 skippable lecture). I love it :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
One organises oneselves timetable on myUNSW (2nd year you are, yes?), selecting the class times that suits onself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)