considering diagnostic radiography... hsc subjects (1 Viewer)

12345g

HSC
im year 11 and just considering this course as an option after high school.. but the problem is, im not doing any maths or science.. except for earth science.. but thats not really subject XD

i WAS doing 3 u maths but changed that to ancient history.. it wasnt crazy hard, but it got me a lil brain dead.. man i should have change to 2u instead

anyways.. would someone like me with no sci or maths struggle in a course like this ??? ... will studying some 2u maths on top of my school work help at all...

the career sounds interesting...

but of course there are other options....

help appreciated.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
You could always do a bridging course, but I'd suggest doing 2u maths because it's not hard and then taking a bridging course in whatever science is required (probably chem?).

d00d34

The Wanderer
HSC
2U Maths and Physics would help a lot. But you can go for bridging courses. I just reckon the course is easier if you have at least maths and physics.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
im doing radiography atm

physics, and chemistry come in really handy! maths isnt so much-as long as u know basic maths u'll be fine
goodluck! :)

HSC
I know quite a lot of ppl in our course who havent done any phys or math at school, and they are doing pretty well...

But, they like phys and have fun studying these sciences.

So only if u have an aptitude for science subjs, go for this...
cz the subjs will mainly be- physics, anatomy, physiology (mostly pathology), some pointless psychology strand subjs (psych, sociology, research crap), and of course, radiography - which is basically how to take an x ray of a body part...

Bridging courses are always there neway!
(although dont many ppl who hv done them... u can even put a lil more effort in while studyin at uni...n u shud b fine)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
!!Chocoholic!!! said:
I know quite a lot of ppl in our course who havent done any phys or math at school, and they are doing pretty well...

But, they like phys and have fun studying these sciences.

So only if u have an aptitude for science subjs, go for this...
cz the subjs will mainly be- physics, anatomy, physiology (mostly pathology), some pointless psychology strand subjs (psych, sociology, research crap), and of course, radiography - which is basically how to take an x ray of a body part...

Bridging courses are always there neway!
(although dont many ppl who hv done them... u can even put a lil more effort in while studyin at uni...n u shud b fine)
'jus downt cwy

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
12345g said:
im year 11 and just considering this course as an option after high school.. but the problem is, im not doing any maths or science.. except for earth science.. but thats not really subject XD

i WAS doing 3 u maths but changed that to ancient history.. it wasnt crazy hard, but it got me a lil brain dead.. man i should have change to 2u instead

anyways.. would someone like me with no sci or maths struggle in a course like this ??? ... will studying some 2u maths on top of my school work help at all...

the career sounds interesting...

but of course there are other options....

help appreciated.
2U maths is enough. they give u equation sheets for phys exams anyway =P
It would be good if you do bio though. There is ALOT of anatomy and physiology involved. However there is nothing to prevent you doing radiography if you only do one of the recommended hsc sciences (bio, chem, phys). I didn't do hsc phys and still manage to do okay.
You should go look at the outline for this course so you get a better understanding of what the job will involve. http://www.fhs.usyd.edu.au/mrs/fstudent/undergrad/index.shtml

If anatomy, physiology, moderate maths and physics isn't your forte, then perhaps you should look at other options for uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)