Console wars!! (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Consoles aren't what make them great.

It's more of the games.

Personally I like the games that are available on PS2 than any other console.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Firstly, the PS2, because you can set it up as a Linux box...

And secondly, XBox, because you can set it up as a Linux box (albeit 'illegally' [USA: DMCA, ne?]).

Stuff games. :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
I prefer the PS2, but an Xbox isn't bad either. :)

Also, setting up the Xbox as a win2k box. :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeh .. so far xbox doesnt have a good range of established games like PS2 does

and nobody i know likes gamecube

Huss

HSC
N/A
well imo gamecube is the most underated console! it has great games, super addictive but the only let down is their "childish" graphics even though the gamecube graphics are really good. the technology in the gamecube is great. even microsoft is following what nintendo did with the gamecube.

the next version of the xbox will have ibm processors and ati graphics. exactly what nintendodid with the cube. games like mario and zelda are exclusive to nintendo and are great games with the best gameplay made from the legendary shigero miyamoto.

i have a ps2 and gamecube, so i get best of both worlds. i can play the exclusives that come on ps2 and gamecube. plus most games that come on xbox come on ps2 or gamecube or both. besides most xbox games arnt appealing except for a few like fable. unless u like games like "grabbed by the goulies" i mean wtf!

xbox has great technology in it no doubt, but microsoft isnt putting in as much as sony and nintendo did. as a result they r now coming last out of the three with nintendo and ps2 fighting for first place.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
We have a PS2, so go for that, I guess.

Personally, I preferred the Dreamcast, back in the day..Such an underrated console.

Huss

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Consoles aren't what make them great.

It's more of the games.

Personally I like the games that are available on PS2 than any other console.
that is true but also the console plays a major factor when it comes to producing games. i mean look at the xbox, games become difficult to play because of the enourmous size of the controller. and since the controller is hard to use at first, great games such as hitman 2 will be crap since u can hardly play the game properly.

also the consoles hardware can also limit games. if the consoles gpu isnt all that great games wont be appealing. so its actually a measure of both

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Cube gameplay just beats all the others in my opinion. Nintendo has dominated the industry for 20 years because their games are made well. The Zelda and Mario sagas are the greatest in gaming history (equalled only by Final Fantasy) because of their depth and attention to detail. These games completely immerse the player in the game's world. This has always been Nintendo's appeal to me.

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo

And secondly, XBox, because you can set it up as a Linux box (albeit 'illegally' [USA: DMCA, ne?]).

How do you set up a PS2 as a linux box, it doesn't have a hard drive, does it? Were you talking about using a bootable version such as Knoppix with a live file system?

Huss

HSC
N/A
u can buy the linux kit for the ps2. comes with a hard drive, keyboard, mouse linux cd stuff like that.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by J0n
How do you set up a PS2 as a linux box, it doesn't have a hard drive, does it? Were you talking about using a bootable version such as Knoppix with a live file system?
The PS2 does have a hard disk (see the back bays, if you've got one yourself, or know of a friend who owns a PS2).

Link

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Cube gameplay just beats all the others in my opinion. Nintendo has dominated the industry for 20 years because their games are made well. The Zelda and Mario sagas are the greatest in gaming history (equalled only by Final Fantasy) because of their depth and attention to detail. These games completely immerse the player in the game's world. This has always been Nintendo's appeal to me.
I agree with this, and it was even true of Nintendo 64. Cube or N64 don't have as many titles as PS or PS2, but the quality is so much more. You could play Mario 64 or the Zelda games on N64 several times over and not get bored of it. Also, N64 had goldeneye, I've never known a PS owner who could point out a similar game that could beat it for multiplayer fun.

Originally posted by juggernaut
zelda? whatever
have you played it? Tell me a game (not including mario or final fantasy) that's better and why :p

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo

Im getting another xbox just for the mods (linux, media player). The other xbox will be for live games. :D

I never really liked any of the Nintendo consoles mainly because of it's games. They are usually more aimed at young kids. For example, I remember back in the snes and mega drive days where nintendo decided to cut down on some of the violence on one of the mortal kombat game(s?) (i think getting rid of blood or something?). Although as i'm growing up, i seem to like the kids games more than ever before (kind of scares me :D).

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Gamecube!

As others have said, Nintendo make great games with great characters. I would like to see a greater selection of GCN games in most stores, the best store for shopping is Grace Bros in the City ...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Gamecube!

As others have said, Nintendo make great games with great characters. I would like to see a greater selection of GCN games in most stores, the best store for shopping is Grace Bros in the City ...
yeah, i agree, the quality of games are way better, and the type of games u get on playstation/xbox, are really games that i would rather play on the comp...thats my opinion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)