consolidation of nazi power (1 Viewer)

rama_v

HSC
s.m.i.t.h said:
what points would you put in that essay?
Definitely how they got rid of the trade unions, teh enabling act, the system of reich governors, teh elimination of the threat from the SA, and the reforms in the government bodies liek teh civil service adn teh educatino system etc. You would of course have to talk about how power was consolidated through indoctrination of young minds into Nazi ideology, and thus this reduced opposition later on.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
yeah, also:
The emergency decree after the reichstag fire (by a loner communist) basicaly restricted freedom of expression , privacy and stuff like that.
Abolishment of trade unions
The enabling act- got rid of democracy, gave hitler all the power he wanted
Law against establishment of parties " the national socialsit german workers party constitues the only political party in Germany"
A national vote was taken " do you german man, and you german woman, approve of this policyof your Reich gov and are you ready to declare it as your own view, your own will and solemnlygive it your allegance?" a whopping 91.5 % of people voted 'yes'.
Night of the long knives- got rid of any threat from SA
Oath of allegance- german army keen to show support for Hitler "i will render unconditional obedience to the leader of the German Reich, Adolf Hitler......." accepted by almost all of the army.

i think you can also go into how they used propaganda(youth &education, movies&papers) and terror(get rid of threat from other parties, SA and get rid of "the enemy within") to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)