Construction Management and Property (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey, I'm considering this course and was wondering whether anyone could answer some of my questions:

What is your opinion of the Fac. Built Environment? Teachers?

What are the career prospects for graduates like? (i understand what jobs are available... I'm just wondering whether these are in demand)

Is it more construction based? Management based? Property Based? (the only reason i ask this is that i want to become a property developer and that will be my major, except that i'm wondering how much of the course will be devoted to property development in particular?

Is there much fieldwork involved?

Do you find it a demanding workload?

Transport to UNSW? Is there parking? Is it better by train or car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

COSTOII

HSC
Hey,

You get to choose a major in the second yr of the course. This can be either, property, quantity surveying, facilities management or building (project management). There is not much fieldwork , except u might have to do one site visit a semester.

In terms of parking, there should be some in high street, or barker street. Worse comes to worse, you can park opposite the front of the university, a couple of streets back from anzac parade. Public transport is usually the best option though, buses come every two minutes normally during peak hour.

The lecturers are quite good, there a few roughies, but on the whole they usually appear in every course no matter what you do.

In terms of job prospects, it is very good. The average grad salary is between 40-60 k a year. There are plenty of opportunities to link up with employers, in events such as ''meet and greet'' and the ''annual careers expo'', held across the road at Randwick racecourse.

Regards,

Andrew Costi

2nd yr of Construction Management and Property at UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)