Construction management/Engineering (1 Viewer)

krisspy

HSC
Is construction management similar to plain civil engineering? Whats it like in terms of difficulty and is the maths as insane or is it more focused on planning and less building?

krisspy

HSC
unfortunately i only did general...i dont think ill be able to handle learning 2unit and ext. 1 maths on top of all the engineering stuff...and i heard only about 40-50% of the students actually make it to the 3rd and 4th year engineering...

pottsy44

HSC
construction management has a little bit of maths in the way of physics, but most people would be able to follow the concepts easily enough.

the degree will deal with, how do you build a building, what is the process to build a building, stages involved and people involved, it will look at the legalities and legislation applicable to the building industry.

careers: construction manager, site manager, project manager, quantity surveyor, estimator, contracts adiministration, building surveyor, etc.

most people who do construction management will generally end up doing project management and quantity surveying.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
With all the maths u learn through engineering cant u also become a math teacher of some sort? I think the math u learn will be more then sufficient at high school 2/3/4 unit maths. Also how is the 1st and 2nd year engineering math? cause i have to do them.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
How hard is the math? ive done 2 and 3 unit maths at high school and was at credit level.

ioniser

HSC
it varies from uni to uni

generally unis will go into 4 unit maths topics,some unis will go lightly into the topics but not indepth .Im not sure what its like at UOW but it should be something with difficulty level between UTS and UNSW. As in uts wont go full indepth but unsw does

Last edited:

pottsy44

HSC
Musk said:
Thats true you can become of the following:

Finance Engineer
Teacher
Professior
Lecturer
Project Manager
Techinical Manager
Own your own engineering firm
CEO
etc
yea but what you got to remember is that most people who join the construction industry, didnt join to become a teacher or a CFO. They joined because they enjoy construction. anyway you can follow the construction industry all over australia or the world if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)