Contemporary Issue on Human Rights? (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Guys :)
We've been given a list of contemporary issues on Human Rights to explore and make notes in our own time.
Could someone please recommend/advise which issue would be the most ideal to do?
Like which issue would have more info or like which one would be most interesting?
Heres the list:
– genocide
– treatment of refugees
– asylum seekers
– child soldiers
– abuse of children
– torture
– capital punishment
– arbitrary detention
– religious discrimination
– discrimination against women
– exploitation of workers
– human trafficking and slavery
– limitations on free speech

Any help is good help :)

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
You will find that as the textbook has them most people will do human trafficking and slavery or child soldiers. I'd stay away from them two as you have alot more competition.
Discrimination against women is a very easy one to do. I did this one in my HSC and got a band 6.

There is a free YouTube video that goes through discrimination against women so you can get an idea of what content you need.
There is also notes for the topic available here http://lolhsc.com/paidnotes.html for $1. Getting these will mean you don't need to take any notes, just practice your responses. If you do decide to pick this topic and need help with some questions regarding it feel free to PM me or email us at admin@lolhsc.com.

If you decide to do human trafficking and slavery, notes for the topic are available within the Human Rights notes available at http://lolhsc.com/paidnotes.html too.

Hope this helps.

ali2536

HSC
I did Child Soldiers at school. I found that this one was quite good because there was a lot of information about it in the textbook. Also the issue is still quite relevant today.
Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)