Context Diagrams (1 Viewer)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Which one is correct?

or

Also:
Is this a star or local area network? or is it both?

They're from the Board Of Studies Online testing
I swear they're seriously f*ked

Half the questions I answered correctly they marked as wrong
The other half have crappy answers

And there's crappy questions too, or maybe i'm just dumb

What transmission media, in order from Segment 1 to Segment 4, would be most appropriate?

I mean if this wasn't multiple choice, i'd have no idea. It is in the syllabus somewhere but it's such an awful question and if it weren't multiple choice, there'd be so many possibilities and heaps of answers will be marked wrong and stuff.
(Answer was Radio, microwave, optic fibre, twisted-pair cable)

:chainsaw:

This really does inspire confidence in the Board of Studies.

roo

HSC
I dun know about the context thing..

about the next one tho, it's a trick question because "star" is not a network, it's a topology. If the question asked topology, it'd be star, but since it's asking network, it's LAN.

Next one,
Radio - Microwave - optic fibre - twisted pair cable, was in last year's HSC. Actually both of them were, as multiple choice.

:) :)

Last edited:

user

HSC
much appreciated.

damn these tricky questions.

the questions would be from last years HSC. I should go have a look at that....nah....

i hate it when there's two answers for multiple choice questions. It usually means that whoever wrote the test was drunk or something when they wrote it.

roo

HSC
there's a pretty helpful books "success one hsc: HSC IPT" which goes through 3 exams - their sample one, the BOS 2001 specimen and 2001 HSC - with detailed answers and stuff.

might help you a bit more. :)

macca

1) This question was buggered as both answers are correct

2) It is a LAN but it is also a ring topology not a star (star has a central hub)

3) The question is entirely correct. Radio, microwave, optic fibre, twisted-pair is perfect, you musta just missed it in class

Originally posted by user
i hate it when there's two answers for multiple choice questions. It usually means that whoever wrote the test was drunk or something when they wrote it.
No it just means ppl who wrote it got the questions from their arse as they always do

user

HSC
Originally posted by macca

3) The question is entirely correct. Radio, microwave, optic fibre, twisted-pair is perfect, you musta just missed it in class
Yeah, we missed it in class. Come to think of it...we kinda missed the whole paper in class. we didn't cover it. at all. It wasn't because we didn't have enough time to cover the course, oh no we were finished early last term. We just didn't cover any papers. Oh wait. Yes we did. We were told to go look up the standards packages. Then we asked the teacher, why two questions said pretty much the same thing but ended up in very different bands, he...well he didn't give us an answer. One of them had neater handwriting though.

Thank you for your suggestion thou, Roo. I did end up buying that book, despite the fact that as esther said, it will be all over by friday.

I have siblings to inherit all my books so it's worth it. :)

user

HSC
Originally posted by iptteacherssuck

No it just means ppl who wrote it got the questions from their arse as they always do
think about it...which exam would make the greater toilet paper, english or IPT?

user

HSC
Originally posted by iptteacherssuck
IPT = ENGLISH + CRAP

hence IPT is better
hang on a second...

therefore
ENGLISH = IPT - CRAP

that doesn't make sense
have u got ur equations right?:D

besides, i thought the paper they used for the english exam was very much like the recycled toilet paper, the really hard stuff that comes in little thin sheets in public toilet places.

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
regarding the network, it is not a star, that circle in the centre is a cable, if it is meant to be a hub it will be labelled as such.

well, its obviously a LAN

but with topology,
its not a star - no central hub / server etc...
but i dont think its a ring either - with a ring, if one computer goes down, you cant get past it, with this one, you can,
i reckon you could also call it a bus...

thoughts?

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
i still believe that its a ring. It looks like that the devices are connected in a ring, the arrows are just showing where on the ring they go.
I think that the arrows are there just to show what device is located at the spot, the arrows are not cable. If not it can't be a bus cause they have a specific start and end os it must be some wierd sorta hybrid

del

HSC
N/A
it's not a bus.... if it was they'd be terminators at the end, hence the central line wouldn't re-meet.

yeah that was like a trick tpe question 'cos Bus and Star are topologies and the question was asking for what kind of network it was.......

funkydish

it's a ring topology. there's the ring of cable which the nodes connect to.

as grendel said, a star network wouldn't have a ring there. a star network connects nodes to a central hub.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by freestyler__54
but i dont think its a ring either - with a ring, if one computer goes down, you cant get past it
If you're running a network of MicroBees. Welcome to the real world - Token Ring still works if, say, a 'Personal Computer' goes down. :eek: :argue:

Also:

IPT = ENGLISH + CRAP
IPT - CRAP = 0

:. IPT = CRAP

Sub into (1)

CRAP = ENGLISH + CRAP

:. ENGLISH = 0

There you go. How very appopriate. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)