Context Help!! (1 Viewer)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I have an essay "Analyse how Lord Byrons poem The Vampyre and a vampire poem of your choosing represent the vampire. Refer to context and elements of gothicism"

What does it mean by context and which part of our essay do we put it in? Please help, i need this urgently

Sendoh08

HSC
Context refers and relates to the time and certain circumstances under which a text is created.

In this case, it's asking you how gothicism shapes your text. And if it weren't put in your text, would this change the text??
And you explain this.

GL With your essay =)

PM Me if you need further help.

funstudy

HSC
Are you doing Romanticism? In that case, context refers to Gothicism and the rise of the Gothic novel representing man's inner fears and desires he attempts to repress. You should refer to context consistently throughout your essay and blend it in well with ideas- the best responses do this. Use context to link to text- 3u english revolves around a strong understanding of context and how that is linked to the ways of thinking of the time.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Context is a key, key element of EE1.

You must always consider what influences of the time have shaped the composer. I did not do Romanticism, but understanding the influences of gothicism on Byron's work will be key to writing the essay. How did gothicism shape his work? What evidence (techniques, quotes) show this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)