Contract Law question (1 Viewer)

eminere™

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just have a quick Contracts question:

Is it possible for one contract to supersede or override another?

For example, is it possible for a software licence agreement (which is a contract for the use of the software) to supersede the contract for sale of the software?

Thanks!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Hey everyone,

Just have a quick Contracts question:

Is it possible for one contract to supersede or override another?

For example, is it possible for a software licence agreement (which is a contract for the use of the software) to supersede the contract for sale of the software?

Thanks!
Two consenting parties can contract away whatever rights they want to contract away, freedom of contract etc. However, in your example there are two contracts between two different parties, the end user and the manufacturer and the end user and the retailer, so no.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
eminere™ said:
someone's doing UNSW Contracts 2 law assignment i see... :rolleyes:

eminere™

HSC
neo_o said:
Two consenting parties can contract away whatever rights they want to contract away, freedom of contract etc. However, in your example there are two contracts between two different parties, the end user and the manufacturer and the end user and the retailer, so no.
Thanks for that. :)

Just to clarify, in my example, the party that purchases the software and the party that uses it is the one same person. Does this mean that they are free to contract away whatever rights as they please?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
eminere™ said:
Thanks for that. :)

Just to clarify, in my example, the party that purchases the software and the party that uses it is the one same person. Does this mean that they are free to contract away whatever rights as they please?
Reread my post :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)