contract law (1 Viewer)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
to those who have done contract law: was the subject taught to you in a 'black letter' law type way?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
hey asquith, do you have msn? you replied pretty quick, so Im assuming your online right now.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Asquithian said:
yep...unsw seems very black letter for contracts...problem solving assessments only...which is good for contracts

wow, your lucky :) I feel like I am doing philosophy of law except Im doing contract law. ARGHHHHH!!! Just give me another problem question god dammit, I kick butt in those.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Originally, there was one, 6 credit point contracts class each semester

They would probably include more contract theory (classical contract, etc) but a while back they introduced Public Law into semester 1 which reduced the 6 credit points of Contracts 1 to 3 credit points.

But like asqy said, black-letter contract law is appropriate

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Im wishing it was black letter...but Im doing an assignment on all the theoretical perspectives, and all this other philosophical stuff.

santaslayer

HSC
I'm doing contracts this semester...very theoritcal...black letter...isn't that how it's suppose to be taught anyway?...

If it was something like Family law then I'd understand...:)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
History of taxation law?

And a comparative study with the current tax act (however million pages it is...)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Asquithian said:
well i havnt had the pleasure of tax law or business associations yet :\
lucky you
apparently when I do Business Taxation Law next year, I get four 1000 page textbooks

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
lucky you
apparently when I do Business Taxation Law next year, I get four 1000 page textbooks
law is p.h.a.t.
the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) is a thousand pages in itself (1471 sections and counting)...

i feel sorry for us law students... massive books must burn massive holes in our little wallets :(

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
lucky you
haha.. damn

the australian tax act is longer than those four books combined

(over 7000 pages long)

!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
santaslayer said:
I'm doing contracts this semester...very theoritcal...black letter...isn't that how it's suppose to be taught anyway?...

should be but its not. It'd be all cool except the assignments are a lot harder when its not just applying the principles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)