Conundrum (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Ok so my friends 18th is this friday and he is having his party at a gay bar(he's gay. I'm not). I don't mind going to a gay bar but the thing is most of our friends are <18 so they cant come and the rest of the people he invited reckons wont turn up. He reckons that it will just be me and him at a gay bar having a real boring night. He said that. And then I get invited to a MASSIVE 18th at another place on the same day.

So what do i do? Bail on my friend for the big party or go to the gay bar?

P.S I can't bring my friend to the big party because my friend has invited people to meet him at the bar but they may or mat not come.

Hope everyone understood that

Skeeta

HSC
Ask him if you want to go to the bar for a while first. If it ends up being a few of you (or just the two of you) bail and go to the 18th afterwards.

Alternatively get him to pick up (it IS his Bday afterall), tell him to go for it, then go to the party

EASY.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Could work but one is in the city and the other is not. The main problem is the bar starts at 9 so the best I could prob get out at would be more likely 10:30-11

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Tell him to message the other people he invited and ask whether they're actually going to turn up or not so you don't have to wait around. And if they're not, both of you should go to the other party.

SituationNoir

HSC
If he's a good friend, pull out your pink spandex, ridiculously tight shirt and go to the bar.
If he's not so good a friend and your perhaps a smidgeon closer to the person having the larger party, then perhaps go to that.

Alternatively you try to compromise. Surely your gay friend cannot expect you, as a straight person to remain in that environment all night. It can get a mite uncomfortable. Then perhaps, you could fit in both.

Alternatively to that you could stay at home, watching as your social life fades off into the distance and wonder what you did with your life. Whilst sitting in the dark.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Optophobia said:
Promise him a blow job in return for not turning up at his party.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll get back to you on that one ok? Don't move a muscle until I make up my mind

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
For those of you keeping score at home, I went out with my friend to the gay bar. We had a good night and there was nothing suss at all. Just us two in the end as well.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Inviting people to a bar or pub is not a birthday party and anyone who claims it as one deserves to be treated with contempt.

It is a sly dog attempt to get presents without the hassle or cost of organising a real party.

Ceremonial gift exchange is reciprocal. At a "pub party" not only does the party thrower not have to front any costs, but the party goers have to pay for drinks, food entry etc.

What a joke. Tell your mate to fuck off and have a real party.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
ElGronko said:
What a joke. Tell your mate to fuck off and have a real party.
I never said I didn't tell him that. In fact I did but he didn't listen because you know what. It was HIS birthday not yours and not mine. Let him do whatever the hell he wants to do. Next time just dont get them presents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)