conversation text type? (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
for english, we have to write a conversation between two people, discussing one of yeats' poems [that will be given to us on the day in the form of a listening task], how do i start the conversation off and make it sound like it's not too forced?

thanks.

fareezuh

HSC
may be make them meet at a bus stop, or cafe liek they have know each other for ages, then just ask how you are going with poetry keats... talk about poem then add analysis and keats asks teh other person.
hope it was helpful

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
may be make them meet at a bus stop, or cafe liek they have know each other for ages, then just ask how you are going with poetry keats... talk about poem then add analysis and keats asks teh other person.
hope it was helpful
thanks heaps but i probably should have been more specific, the question is...

"Imagine that you and another person have just heard this tape and then have a conversation about what you have just heard. In that discussion, you would present your personal response to the extract you have heard, and the 'other person' should have a different view or interpretation.
Write a transcript of this conversation.
"

fareezuh

HSC
"Imagine that you and another person have just heard this tape and then have a conversation about what you have just heard. In that discussion, you would present your personal response to the extract you have heard, and the 'other person' should have a different view or interpretation.
Write a transcript of this conversation.
"

yes, so pretend to be another person maybe pretend to be a critic and a theorist
and learn a particular interpretation, know all of yeats poems for teh assesment.

maybe do a particular reading: romantic, gothic, feminist e.t.c
to analyse the poems and the two personas argue over who has a more correct interpretation, like:
person 1: his poem_____ has elements of romanatism because___
person 2: i agree but it has stronger elments of nature because_______

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Make it casual, with colloquial language. It'll probably be easier if the two characters seem as though they know each other, so maybe tie this in somewhere, e.g. "what have you been up to...blah blah blah". Unless you have a particular strategy for the roles of the two characters, just start it off like a normal conversation.

I thought it would be easier to write this, knwoing we don't have to be as formal as we do in an essay.

Arsey-Darcy

HSC
Write a transcript of this conversation."

yes, so pretend to be another person maybe pretend to be a critic and a theorist
and learn a particular interpretation, know all of yeats poems for teh assesment.

maybe do a particular reading: romantic, gothic, feminist e.t.c
to analyse the poems and the two personas argue over who has a more correct interpretation, like:
person 1: his poem_____ has elements of romanatism because___
person 2: i agree but it has stronger elments of nature because_______
Romanticism and nature are quite strongly linked though, so I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm doing mine between Tim Matthews and I as we always argue incessantly about Yeats' poetry and generally anything. I'm going to present my interpretation and then he's going to rip me.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Romanticism and nature are quite strongly linked though, so I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm doing mine between Tim Matthews and I as we always argue incessantly about Yeats' poetry and generally anything. I'm going to present my interpretation and then he's going to rip me.
haha. so who are you?! send me a pm if you don't want people knowing your first name.... ?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Make it casual, with colloquial language. It'll probably be easier if the two characters seem as though they know each other, so maybe tie this in somewhere, e.g. "what have you been up to...blah blah blah". Unless you have a particular strategy for the roles of the two characters, just start it off like a normal conversation.

I thought it would be easier to write this, knwoing we don't have to be as formal as we do in an essay.
yeah but HE [as kudsi refers to edwards as, as if he was god or something lol] said stuff about just getting straight to the point and none of this waffly stuff. and if we haven't established already, we have a time constraint and that and i don't agree.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
re: how to make it sound 'not forced'.
it's gonna sound forced. it's stupid and highly irrational for two people to be talking about yeats and throwing in techniques and shit.
so use the convo structure so they know you can write in that form, but content is going to sound forced.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
yeah but HE [as kudsi refers to edwards as, as if he was god or something lol] said stuff about just getting straight to the point and none of this waffly stuff. and if we haven't established already, we have a time constraint and that and i don't agree.
I never said to spend a lot of time on it, but for an easy, "un-forced" conversation, jsut use some colloquial language and maybe friendly banter seeing as how they are basically arguing with each other. Obvs don't waste time on it, geez

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I never said to spend a lot of time on it, but for an easy, "un-forced" conversation, jsut use some colloquial language and maybe friendly banter seeing as how they are basically arguing with each other. Obvs don't waste time on it, geez
some of us are dumb, kay? =].

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
and ha. ha. ha. at your sig. i get the grammar crap right.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Haha I'm surprised u picked up on that. you did want to be in my sig, remember....

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Haha I'm surprised u picked up on that. you did want to be in my sig, remember....
but when i was saying something nice about you. not something that makes me look like a retard. hahaha.

Arsey-Darcy

HSC
I only hope that the poem they use isn't "Among School Children." That poem is too long and ridiculously complicated, and I practically begged Mrs. Hayes not to use that one in the assessment.

Neither do I want "Leda and the Swan." Just...no. Anything else is fine. But Easter 1916 would be too long, so I don't think they'll do that.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
but when i was saying something nice about you. not something that makes me look like a retard. hahaha.
Wait, do you actually think you said that? That quote was completely made up. You really are making this too easy for me....

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Wait, do you actually think you said that? That quote was completely made up. You really are making this too easy for me....
i am quite aware that i never said that cause i wouldn't say it anyway? lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)