• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Conversation thread (not spam) (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've decided that in anticipation of the new kids (sorry to call you that kids) I'll be channeling all "spam"* into this thread.

Please take a moment to understand my situation. I want Japanese to be a thriving forum of conversation and usefulness. However, I don't want it to be full of spam (eg Latin until this month) nor do I want it to be completely dead (eg Latin this month). Therefore it seems more logical for me to allow some deviation from the thread topics, as long as the posts are thought out, meaningful, or in some other way entertaining. Outright spam, references to orgies etc will be spliced and moved here. Flaming posts will be deleted, and the flamer reported for monitoring.

Basically, if you post make sure it's relevant to the thread or the forum in general. If it's not relevant but you want to address the "Japanese regulars" then post it here. If you can't be clever with your spam I'll delete it. Thank you for your co-operation, and good luck in 2004.

*Here I'm using the generally accepted meaning of spam: posts not relevant or constructive in relation to the thread topic. After this I make the distinction between "conversation" and "spam", where conversation may not be relevant to the topic as long as it is relevant to the forum.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i really like japanese music
i have no fucken idea what they are singing and i still like it

whats wrong with me :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
First you have a photo thread. And now this?!...

No comment :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i did japanese in year 8.. i recently found a tape of an assignment we had to do.. like introduce ourselves and say our phone number in japanese
do you guys have a japanese teacher or do it by correspondence? only 2 ppl do it at my school and its through correspondence

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, we have a "Latin Massacre" thread or in same vein as the former "Massacre" thread...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
as in the thread "latin forum ppl" that mic started in NS
i didn't know we had a latin massacre thread?

lexi, u've hit the nail! :D:p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
we can have a "Latin Massacre" equivalent... like we'll have one for each season :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, I'll be off... but we'll see how it turns out.

Another publicity stunt to appease the masses. ^0)=p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To visiting mods, should I sticky this? It seems I already have too many, though they are all important as they are...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The other threads here aren't 'Important'! It looks sus, I say =p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The photo thread would have become important if people could be bothered uploading photos. The resources thread is VERY important. If you had one in Latin people like Nancy wouldn't have to ask where to buy their books! :p The feedback thread would have been important if people had bothered giving feedback, maybe I'll lose that one... But that "forgetting something" one will come in handy for the 04 kids, especially since they have the whole year to add to it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It sounds better to the untrained eye... but it's just :spam:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)