converting laptop from vista to xp. (3 Viewers)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not really, I was only stating why I dislike Macs, as I was not aware of the new mouse or w/e.

Nothing to do with Winning or Losing... but if you say so, I lost.

nerdyasian

HSC
hahahah pokemon battle arena.
i challenge you... internet explorer> google chrome!
GO!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hahahah pokemon battle arena.
i challenge you... internet explorer> google chrome!
GO!
LOL! Ew, no-one could say that whole-heartedly so it's not worth arguing :p

So, OP, are you going to go to Windows 7? Drivers are easy to find. Get them now incase.

nerdyasian

HSC
hahahas i DO want to go 7.... but if i have to find drivers.... it really isnt easy if i have to find each individual driver on a laptop? or does toshiba offer an 'all in one' ?
webcam, sound, wi fi card... there are countless others...
what to do? :S
and haha i mean it whole heartedly, i can get like 50 extra toolbars on internet explorer!

Aeriff

HSC
why are you still whinging about drivers for 2 whole pages. seriously.

windows update downloads them all for you.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
hang on here, xp does have the potential to run faster than win 7 in various cases, e.g. say u have a 10 yr old computer, xp will run much faster on it than win7, and even if you bought a new comp today, xp would probably out perform win7 because its an older OS, which requires less powerful hardware to run. its like putting win 95 on one of today's comps, sure it will run fast, but it wont have many features...However XP is not that basic, it does everything most people want it to do...esp if ur a gamer, most games still come out as DX 9 because most people have decided to stay on XP. XP still has a lot of support behind it, and it doesn't look like that support is dropping anytime soon.

Win 7 is NOT the best OS that's come out, think of it as a replacement for vista, while MS make a win 8 that's completely different... So far XP has been the most succesful OS for MS. If u want sheer speed go with xp, xp still has many great features. Win 7 may have muti-threading and all that, but it will drain and use more hardware resources in order to run, ur choice. i think XP even supports dual cores and all that. get like a 64 bit xp pro version. or a win 7 home 64 bit - make sure ur lappy is 64 bit compat, (basically if its new it will be 64 bit).

Hikari Clover

HSC
just go to the website of your laptop's brand, and enter the model to download all necessary drivers
windows 7 is pretty good, got(downloaded) ultimate version recently and working properly XD

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Nah mate, windows xp will be still slow. you need to go right back.
Win 3.1's the way to go
</fail troll>
It's early so I can't remember exact details but I'm sure there is a thing if you bought a computer with vista you could get a free upgrade to 7

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
win 7 does have some very minor bugs though in the GUI, for example, clicking notifications in the dock, will sometimes be unresponsive, and clicking programs in the start menu would seem to do nothing and not even open, until like 1 min later. maybe its just my comp, i dunno, besides that its much more stable than vista and more efficient. waiting for the service packs :)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
pretty sure its just ur comp?

maybe get more ram/hdd/ssd?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
pretty sure its just ur comp?

maybe get more ram/hdd/ssd?
My comp is a 1.5 yr old lappy :D

RAM: 4096MB ddr2
CPU: 2.53 GHZ core 2 duo
GPU: Nvidia 9600M GT 512 DDR2 VRAM
HDD: 320 GB

never had this problem with vista :S and i think my comp can handle it.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm i see, well mine's like 4 months old, seems to be going good with 7, was at lightning speed until i threw on about 200gb worth of crap :(

Still not bad.

But I cant wait for a service pack either :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)