cooking (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
how can you not cook? even i can...
just get a recipe book and follow the instructions in that to start off with, then as you get more confident, then you can start customising it.
my fave dish to cook for myself is pizza...but its sorta like a fancy one..
1) preheat oven to 180
2) place wholemeal pita pocket bread on a tray
3) spread some pizza sauce on it
4) put desired toppings on (i do cabonosi, ham, pineapple, herbs, and sometimes a bit of garlic)
5) top with cheese
6) place in oven for around 10-15 minutes until cooked

another variation of this is pizza pockets, you cut the pita bread in half and put everything on the insides...but you have to be careful coz the bread can tear really easily..

i also do a mean pasta...boil some water with a splash of oil in it, whack some pasta in it when boiled, once cooked remove, drain, then pour boiling water over it, then top with desired sauce.

also, baked meals, preheat oven to 180, get meat and score it with a knife, rub worchstershire (sorry, no idea how its spelt) all over it, rub in some mixed herbs, put into a baking bag, pour a little more sauce in, tie up top and prick a few holes near tie, shove in oven, then later do the vegies..

bbqs...get plate hot n shove the meat on (mmmm...bbq...(lol, is it obvious i am true blue aussie))

umm...whatelse...i dunno, as i said, just get a recipe book and flick through and try anything you think you might like.

Winston

HSC
meh... i struggle to make two minute noodles

MoNNiE

HSC
the best way to learn how to cook is just to bum around resturants in the kitchens like i did or get your mum to teach you but she would probably be busy aye.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
how can you never have learnt to cook before. You just do it.
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
how can you not cook? even i can...
generally, guys are pretty clueless in the kitchen

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MoNNiE
the best way to learn how to cook is just to bum around resturants in the kitchens like i did or get your mum to teach you but she would probably be busy aye.
lol, i had to teach myself, my mum reckons i was always getting in her way and making it take about ten times longer than it should...but im like 'well you had to learn once...'

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh, and just go and buy a heap of homebrand (or other cheap jack) ingredients, so that if you screw up its not so costly..

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
oh, and just go and buy a heap of homebrand (or other cheap jack) ingredients, so that if you screw up its not so costly..
lol.. believe in yourself and you shall master!! haha..

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My sister and I made these really dirty pancakes last night. I wouldn't recommend substituting plain flour with self-raising flour, it just doesn't turn out the same.

PRSOV

Originally posted by lengstar
the only thing i can make are scrambled eggs which i eat with bread.

i was bored so wanted to get a cooking thread started. planning on learning to cook after hsc.

whats the best way to start? simple baking or strat to the good stuff like smoked salmon with special sauce or whatever and perfecting your technique?
Why don't you just buy one of Jamie Olivers cookbooks ?

Kittycat

HSC
I am trying to learn to cook 'cause I love to eat he he he he
now I am off to try to find more recipes

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i usually watch jamie oliver and hueys kitchen on how to cook, but with jamie oliver i dont hold my attention long enough...JAMIE IS CUTE!! so is Poppy ;-)

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
generally, guys are pretty clueless in the kitchen
that is the biggest load of crap i have heard all day.... my dad is a far better cook than my mum (and no he is not a chef! he is a mechanic!) Anyone (m or f) can be clueless in the kitchen...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)