Cooper vs Stuart (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
omg I died when I saw the case

I thought the first question "In what court was teh case decided" was easy... but I cant even answer that!

where can i find help? a summary would be nice
what would be even nicer is ways to read cases
the language! argh.

sugared plum

HSC
you just have to read and re read until you find the answers. when you don't know a word, look it up in a law dictionary or use sirius to access lexisnexis dictionary search.
you might also find someone in your class to go over the readings with , that is really helpful, or do the law tutoring program run by prue vines.

for cooper v stuart it was decided in the privy council - you get that from the top of the first page. (you can't appeal to the privy council in england anymore because of the australia act 1986 which made high court highest court in australia)

also it's not "vs" but "v" and you pronounce the "v" as "and" because it's a civil case (i.e. smith v jones). if it's criminal (i.e. r/reg/regina/the queen v jones ) you say "against".
then again, some people don't worry about distinction, but they do worry about people who say "versus" because that's american and therefore not good (aha yes)

how are you going with the case for the exam??

Giant Lobster

HSC
going great...

just the little problem that the case we're doing for the test is much harder than cooper v stuart. and i cant handle that :)

are you 2nd year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)