"copy cat" (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Is it just me or does anyone else hate it when people copy their work?

I get people at my school who don't do their homework (often) and ask me for my homework.

I have to admit l've done it once or twice, but not as often as they do. I give them my homework though...because their just copying it out in a hurry, its not like they would understand it as much as l did when l researched and everything.

So what do you do in a situation like this?

Lainee

HSC
I don't think my teachers ever give out any homework that -can- be easily copied though. But I don't think I can remember anything like that happening to me... I guess ppl are just a bit too proud at my school to ask to copy someone's hw. :rolleyes:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah it happened to me a few times last year
then i started to say 'oh no, i dont have my book here'
or 'nah its in my locker'

after a while, i think they got the message :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i don't mind if it's once or twice, but if they ALWAYS copy and i know they weren't busy doing other schoolwork then i get pissed off :p

once in 4th grade (oh, the days!), my best friend sat next to this guy called sam who kept copying her stuff, thinking she didn't see.... so once during a test, she wrote down all the wrong answers (on purpose), waited for him to copy it, and then at the last minute corrected all the answers. he never did it again :D

ok so that was in fourth grade, we're probably all mature enough to tell that person off now :) just tell them that it's kinda unfair that they're getting credit for teh hard work YOU did. or just make excuses lol.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
let them copy, they'll realise *if their intelligent enough* that its not doing them any good than doing the actual hw themselves

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Its just that l don't want to tell my friends to piss off, or l don't want to hurt their feelings. I just remember that l have actually learnt the work and by copying they aren't learning anything, so in the long run l'll still be smarter than they are.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't mind if they ask for the answer to one or two questions, but if they don't put any effort at all into the homework thats when l get pissed off.

One this that really gets me is in maths. I work out all of the answers (and write the steps to work it out) by myself and someone form ym school just copies the answers out of the back of the book and tells the teacher that they did their homework.

I dont mind it MUCH because l actually get practise at they work and they don't.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I could use excuses, like l didn't bring my book - but then they would see me with it in class...then be pissed off at me :(

But those excuses wouldn't work everytime.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
I could use excuses, like l didn't bring my book - but then they would see me with it in class...then be pissed off at me :(

But those excuses wouldn't work everytime.
hahah yeah thats true

just tell them straight - 'stop copying my work man!' hahaha then start laughing so they wont take it too seriously...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
But l'm not like that..l'm really quiet at school, they used to do it more last year, but this year they've kind of stopped.

dezzy

HSC
ive actually had the experince in maths where i have let my friend copy my WHOLE homework sheet because he didnt have time to do it or someother lame excuse, and then i couldnt do a few questions on my homework sheet a couple of weeks later (and by a few i mean 2 or 3) so i asked my friend if i could get those answers and he said NO!
i felt so cheated and used..i was not happy!!!

is a roflcopter
HSC
theres no homework mark for hsc so .........???

we occasionally check each other's essay's though, just to make sure we didnt plagiarise from the same website

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Its just a pain, you put in all the hard work and effort and they just scab off you, because they were too lazy to do it themselves..and they don't do it once, they do it a lot.

l know there isn't a homework mark, its just something that gets on my nerves.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
In year 9 it always use to happen to me but since then i say no.. alot of people ask to borrow my book and i make excuses because ive done alot of work, even extension work and i just tell them to do the same. im more then willing to help people in maths if people ask me for an answer ill explain the question to them first and make sure they understand but i think its pointless just getting answers without knowing how to get there.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
why dont you pruposely write the wrong answers and let them copy off that?
once they get it all wrong, they would know not to copy off ya?

hahahahah its slack, but yeah, gotta be cruel to be kind :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmm depends who it is. i'll generally let them have mine to read over and get ideas. i know they wont plagiarise, the ones i give to, that is. though there are times i lie about not doing it so that they dont copy..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Yeha l let them read over it, if they say they will (like a guy in my class did) and he just read over my answers, occasionally asking how l got it or how l figured it out.

5c

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
let them copy, they'll realise *if their intelligent enough* that its not doing them any good than doing the actual hw themselves
true true
but if u had to hand it in.. and u have da exact same stuff wif ur friend.. ur dead meat!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i detest when people copy my work. remember they are cheating themselves. the funniest thing is when people copy your work, but don't really understand what you wrote, so when they get asked to read it out to the class it doesn't make sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)