Copying in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Bisu

HSC
If I was sitting an exam and the student next to me leans over to look at my answers, and one the supervisors notices this, what happens? Would I lose marks as well?

Also, what happens if two long responses are very very similar in nature and are suspected of copying. Do they ask who copied the other, or do both lose marks?

Thank you

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If I was sitting an exam and the student next to me leans over to look at my answers, and one the supervisors notices this, what happens? Would I lose marks as well?
Shouldn't happen to you.

Also, what happens if two long responses are very very similar in nature and are suspected of copying. Do they ask who copied the other, or do both lose marks?
If its english, maybe, if its something else, they cant really, since its mostly made up on the spot.

twistedrebel

HSC
nothing would happen to you, only to person copying.
Extended responses, for english you will get caught, I dont know how you can have same extended responses for other subjects.

AmieLea

HSC
no, unless you purposely showed them. you won't be punished for someone else's doing! i would hope not anyway.

[quote/] Also, what happens if two long responses are very very similar in nature and are suspected of copying. Do they ask who copied the other, or do both lose marks?
[/quote]

i'm pretty sure they look at your previous scores- if one person is crap then suddenly turns in a great essay which just so happens to be very similar to someone else's essay who has maintained that level of writing throughtout the year- i wonder who they'll blame...

:shoot:but cheating is bad :jedi:

Kralex

HSC
Not the HSC exam but an assessment that went to it:

I gave a friend my essay to read over as he said he'd just read it to get some ideas. We were interviewed separately and were told to tell our side of the story. It was unlikely that I copied as only my class studied the related text used in my essay so the teacher knew he was at fault but we would both receive zeros if he did not admit to it.

Thankfully he admitted that he copied some parts off me and was deducted a few marks while my mark remained unchanged. My teacher made note that we got off very easily and in a HSC exam we would have received zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)