Copyright? (1 Viewer)

FlyingGullible

HSC
Hi BOSers,

I have recently decided to start tutoring mathematics, and I have a ton of resources lined up for future students from my own HSC. However, I have one major concern: copyright.
Is it legally OK for me to be distributing worksheets, with questions, from, say, HSC and selective school past papers? (I suppose private schools would be understandably out of bounds).

Thanks in advance.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi there

Try asking the author of the resources to copy their resources

If they allow you to copy 100% of it, then just do it

If they won't let you then try making your own resources similar to those you want to use (just change some numbers around and you'll be fine)

Hope that helps

Regards,
eyeseeyou

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi BOSers,

I have recently decided to start tutoring mathematics, and I have a ton of resources lined up for future students from my own HSC. However, I have one major concern: copyright.
Is it legally OK for me to be distributing worksheets, with questions, from, say, HSC and selective school past papers? (I suppose private schools would be understandably out of bounds).

Thanks in advance.
Only CSSA, Independent and other commercial papers are understandably out of bounds (these can only be purchased by schools); ones like QATs and Total Education are fine if you purchased them. If there is one that is really actually these, then also understandably.
HSC exams should be fine (obviously selling them would be dubious). For selective school papers, there shouldn't be an issue; except if they are actually from commercial sources.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
If your not doing it commercially then it should not be of concern. Its the exact thing as piracy except police cant track your ip.

But fyi, for textbooks i think it is either 1 chapter or 30 pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Quite a lot of tutoring centre places copy other people's work, even without their permission

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)