• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Corby's 20-year sentence reinstated (1 Viewer)

HSC
Corby's 20-year sentence reinstated

By Mark Forbes and AAP
January 19, 2006 - 7:45PM

Schapelle Corby's original 20-year sentence for smuggling marijuana into Indonesia has been reinstated.

Corby was granted a five-year sentence reduction in October after she appealed the original sentence. Despite the reduction, she told lawyers to keep fighting to have the conviction overturned.

However, court officials confirmed this evening that the original sentence had been reimposed on January 12 after an appeal from prosecutors.

Corby's lawyers and prosecutors did not know about the latest decision until late today.

Her Bali lawyer, Erwin Siregar, said he had been told about the Indonesian Supreme Court's decision to reinstate the sentence.

"I have heard from a trusted source that it is indeed true," he told AAP. [...]

- Full Article, SMH

Last edited by a moderator:

danieljarvis

HSC
few months and nobody gives a fuck. probably because they realised she was fucking guilty the whole time (as opposed to?) and were puppets of the media.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
just saw some replays of her trial earlier from the news tonight.. damn she looked so faked... frigging drama queen... i always believed she was guilty from the start.. if it's 20 years then 20 years.. who gives..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It should have been death to start with. Even putting it back up to 20 years is an injustice.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Shes just one of those typical aussie girls who cant take the consequences for what she has done. She made a mistake, now she has to accept the punishment and live with it.

I personally dont want to hear about her again untill 2025 at the earliest.

ediisjoz

HSC
They shouldn't have appealed, no point. I don't feel sorry for her, though, i think she was guilty.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ediisjoz said:
They shouldn't have appealed, no point.
Indeed, i believe her lawyers advised her that, however she insited that it be appealed. Nonetheless, the prosecution also appealed the sentence, (It is their appeal that was successful today) so regardless the outcome would have been the same.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
While I think that Corby is probably guilty, and therefore somewhat foolish if not stupid, I don't think that 20 years gaol is remotely fair as punishment. I mean let's face it - this is basically the end of her life.

That said, when you travel to other countries you must of course abide by their rules. If you don't want to take the risk of such unfair sentencing laws then you can always choose not to go there.

Scanorama

HSC
omg her mum...... Scary bitch, not the kind of woman I want to deal with, her sister was scary too when she screamed in front of the camera right afer Corby was convicted.

Anyway back to the topic. She is probably guilty afer all, the photograph really fucks her up, she lost all the sympathic from the public, then now with the pathetic story her brother comes up with for breaking in the house and stole the money and the drugs.

Had she not gone to the media and made all the attention from everyone in the world, she *might* be able to get out of the jail by now with money, stupid move, stupid bitch.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
I would like her to get the death penalty just to hear her mothers reaction. muahaha
thats evil
even tho her mum is a crackwhore bogan bitch from hell
it would break her heart in 2

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Corby's just a stupid bitch, raised without a proper DAD!!! i mean her mum remarried 3 times, so she's like some hilly billy mother. that cant be any good!! and that tongan half brother, wat a fucker to get caught at this time!

P

pLuvia

I don't think people care anymore if she goes to jail or not, she just wants to hog the news headlines :p

kow_dude

HSC
I don't feel sorr for Corby at all. Not after what happened to Van Nguyen...

HSC
her brother put her in jail, he put the drugs in her bag, never trust half brothers or sisters, they do bad....

scrilly

HSC
I forget how many Australians are in gaol across the world on drug charges, but I believe the number is large. Which begs the question of why people care about Shapelle Corby and not, say Holly Deane-Johns. Oh, right, because she pleaded guilty and the press didn't want to touch her. Carry on then.

Shkev

HSC
bro dont care man all i know she is innocent till the day that I DIe!!

Respect ya

scrilly

HSC
Shkev said:
bro dont care man all i know she is innocent till the day that I DIe!!

Respect ya
You don't know one way or another. None of us do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)