• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Core 1 assessment (1 Viewer)

Jessabella

HSC
N/A
Wondering what angle you would take on answering this question...

Australia's health status has changed significantly over the past century, particularly the last two decades. Discuss these changes with reference to:
Epidemiological trends
Priority areas for health promotion
Success of health promotion initiatives
Health care system...

Thanks!! :)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
are you trying to get someone to do your assessment for you?

Jessabella

HSC
N/A
Not at all... I was just thinking how to construct my answer.... I mean i was thinking bout identifying the NHPA's and why they are NHPA's... and then look at the trends, initiative and aspects of the health care system in relation to each.. but i wanted to see what others thought

Cab31

HSC
Jessabella said:
Wondering what angle you would take on answering this question...

Australia's health status has changed significantly over the past century, particularly the last two decades. Discuss these changes with reference to:
Epidemiological trends
Priority areas for health promotion
Success of health promotion initiatives
Health care system...

Thanks!! :)
basically i would start by outlining the changes that have occured over the last century with specific reference to the 4 areas of epidemiological measures:
Life expectancy, morbidity, etc

then i would talk about the changes over the last 30 years due to the introduction of better ways of treating the major causes of morbidiy and mortality (i.e. a shift to prevention rather than treatment). this is particuarly important because the major causes of illness and death now (thanks to better hygene etc) are lifestyle related diseases which can be prevented.

i would then go in to detail about a couple of programs for health promotion (e.g. QUIT for life; slip slop slap etc. and discuss how these have been successful and how they have impacted the change in health status.

in regard to the health care system, talk about funding (prevention vs treatment budget) and medicare, PBS and how these have impacted on the health care status - e.g. medicare provides access to health care regardless of health status which is the sojial justice principle in action but you can also talk about how it doesnt cover everything and thus to further improve health status the medicare program may need to be expanded in the future.

there is heaps more you could write on all these things but i hope this gives you a bit of direction. this is a very ambiguous question...perhaps map it out before you go guns a blazing and try to answer it...that way you will be able to think laterally and make your answer better ;)

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
woohoo!

That is so helpful, i am in the same class as jessabelle (didnt know you uses this site) and that stuff really helps guys, coz yeah, the question is really general, an i was having trouble starting.

I am so glad that there is in fact some common decency left in the human race, you guys have restored my faith in man kind.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
yay!

I finished my asignment on the weekend, and handed it in today.

All went very well, hopefully the teacher will agree.

Again, thanks for all your help!

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Its a good feeling handing in an assessment and knowing you should get a good mark eh!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Yeah, sorry, i forgot to report back, but yeah, just to let you all know, i got 17/20.

ALthough that doesnt sound that good, it was the top mark in the class of 10...that still doesn't sound good, but our teacher is a notoriously hard marker and the highest mark the year before on that particular asignment was 16/20.

So yeah, im really happy with 17/20.

Thank you all again for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)