Core Vaules of NSW schools? (1 Viewer)

coolkoombaya

HSC
hey just wondering, does everybody have the NSW core values in their school? At my school, Sefton, school's very tight and all, and they insist that every school in NSW has it, or should have them. its like the posters that are in every classroom, white and blue, saying stuff like, Integrity, Excellence, Respect, Responsibility, Democracy... etc
The principal and deputeys lecture us every now and then about it, guess they do it, cos they can, since the students in our school are more of a conservative kind. wateva they tell u, u do. personally i fink the core values are pretty stupid, its common sense and all, but they seem to enforce it rather harshly, like its the law. the deputy even said, it was 'illegal' to wear nail polish ahha.

flowergrl

HSC
nup. our's a girl's school so they know we're pretty mature. it's assumed we know this otherwise our school would have enforced it by now. guess your school had been somewhat worrysome in once upon a time.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Our school introduced a greater emphasis on the Core Values over the past couple of terms too. They've had massive surveys done for parents and students and teachers and the community pretty much to come up with a set of like 10-12 points that the school hopes to abide by, develop according to etc

Thank goodness I got out of there this year before it took over completely :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol not really. it comes up every now and again when someone does something wrong eg "this does not reflect the values of this school!!" ra ra ra...and im pretty sure there might be something about it in the school diary, but no one ever reads it anyway.

sweetorture

HSC
"At my school, Sefton, school's very tight and all, and they insist that every school in NSW has it, or should have them. its like the posters that are in every classroom, white and blue, saying stuff like, Integrity, Excellence, Respect, Responsibility, Democracy... etc"

haha this WAS my school before I left in yr 10 to a school that will remain unnamed except for the initials of NBSC MSC. When I arrived in yr 7 I think there was a reshuffle of the admin including all the principals so that was when 'F' and 'C' came in and terrorised the school...
I SWEAR that sefton is wayyyyy too strict! I'm really laid-back and the restrictions at sefton was one of the BIG reasons I HAD to leave! (apart from the fact they didnt offer french cont in yr 11...)
'Value system'? Value system my ass! they're NAZI!
In my 'new' school I have sooo much freedom...I can leave school groungs ANY TIME I WANNA (coffee neone?) and just 'jig'. From wat I heard from my bestie, in ur frees u HAVE to go to the lib or else u r put down as truant!!! WAT??? ALL THIS RULES IN YR. 12????
And the poster? I never took notice of them wen I was at seft and they wouldnt affect me neways...
I m really pissed off at the admin esp 'F' who have left now (there is a GOD!) and i really hope you survive the concentration-camp-like security in sefton for the remainder of ur school days!!!

ps sefton is WAYYYY TOOOO CONSERVATIVE IF U ASK ME - LIGHTEN UP AND GET DRUNK GUYS!!!!

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
My school is Anglican. :(

You can be suspended for wearing the wrong socks, not shaving in 2 days, or having an extra earing.

sweetorture

HSC
pps how funny are ms ellis' eye makeup?? She has kept that VERY BAD particular shade of fuschia pink for all these years...*sigh*...some things never change

sweetorture

HSC
Sandez said:

You can be suspended for wearing the wrong socks, not shaving in 2 days, or having an extra earing.
hey sandez u r a male right? i take it that u go to a co-ed school? i wonder if the shaving rule applies to boys as well...

ROFL!

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
sweetorture said:
hey sandez u r a male right? i take it that u go to a co-ed school? i wonder if the shaving rule applies to boys as well...

ROFL!
Depends on where you're talking about. :wave:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Sandez said:

hahahahaha are you serious? rofl. 'sif being hairy is gonna affect anything...

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Yeah, my school's become very 'core value' oriented in the last year or so and it's really been pissing me off. So much class time is wasted learning what democracy and anarchy are. We've been running with "Integrity, faith, hope justice" and probably something else. We've also got that behaviouraly system thing, starting with a G that is like "Anarchy, bullying, coöperation, democracy" or something. Clearly I didn't pay much atteniton.

I can't stand it. They were preaching all this crap and being so strict about uniform that no one was focusing on what you're meant to do at school, learn. Hence, my school's UAI average is about 67 or so even though they do have a fair bit of resources (and fees!)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you haven't realised already, the school is all about exercising teacher rights and power with little or no consideration of our student rights!
This is evident particularly in the English and Science faculty. Most of the teachers only care about themselves and hence the teaching quality in those faculties has deteriorated. A lot of the new teachers are crap as well.
E.g. I had Fearnside (Fear-n-side) for Physics and I learnt jack shit from him. He skipped like so many dot points and we did the Space and Astrophysics topic back to front....lol. I had to resort to tutor and self study. Now he is terrorising the Science faculty, and I'm glad I won't be there when his dictatorship takes effect....lol.

A word of advice....for English and especially for Science (if you do study a science)make sure you clarify your information from external sources because a lot of the stuff the teachers tell you are often inaccurate or downright wrong.
E.g. if you do Chemistry, you'll find that the Fermentation practical (well for our grade anyway) is quite invalid because you haven't put it in optimal conditions (i.e. in an incubator at 30+ degrees)...
If you solely rely on the stuff teachers give you then it's unlikely you'll get above 90 (except for Maths perhaps where the teaching quality is actually decent). You need to do some extra research yourself. A lot of the teachers are either textbookworms or are clueless about what they're teaching.
This sometimes makes me wonder why the hell Channel 9 chose SHS out of all other schools to do a news report on the HSC??!! lol

Anyways, keeping on topic....
Did you guys have that many lectures on the so called "core values"?
Well all I can say is enjoy the rest of your journey!!! At least "G" isn't as bad as "F'"...lol

Ha! I'm so glad I never have to put up with this shit at Sefton anymore! :p

Last edited:

coolkoombaya

HSC
had core values lecture about 3 times now, last one was in an outdoor assembly for a literal 30 mins. or 20. still long

and if ur really anal, u can go pick out the contradictions of the core values. i.e. they tell u not to stare, and they're staring rite back at u.
and one of the core values is democracy. i dun fink they display that core value at school at all.
and intergrity/truthlness or sumthing. dun fink petersen or the other big bosses/teachers, tell the truth or are honest and shit all the time.
these are just off the top of head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)