Corolla families (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw this on Google (presumably from Toyota Club Australia) and thought this was cute:

Hello to MRROLA and MSROLA :) Looks like the missus only got el-cheapo yellow plates (jkjk)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The 2000 (i think) model was epic done up in a rally kit.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
The 2000 (i think) model was epic done up in a rally kit.
"Toyota" and "epic" don't belong in the same sentence if you're talking about any of their post 1990s efforts.

beatboxre

HSC
"Toyota" and "epic" don't belong in the same sentence if you're talking about any of their post 1990s efforts.
You can't forget the Supra (Since '93 I think - early 2002) :O

edit: Mark 4 JZ engines and all that

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The Sportivo Rolla is a pretty good 'sleeper' and P-plate friendly car. I think they stopped making it but it was comparable to Type R's in stock form and were a pretty good deal for <$30k a few years back.

ps. I'm talking about the Corolla with 140kW or so with the Celica engine and TRD exhaust.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
toyota is a bland make

amongst toyotas, the corolla imo is the blandest

so there you have the blandest model within a bland car make

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
The Sportivo Rolla is a pretty good 'sleeper' and P-plate friendly car. I think they stopped making it but it was comparable to Type R's in stock form and were a pretty good deal for <$30k a few years back.

ps. I'm talking about the Corolla with 140kW or so with the Celica engine and TRD exhaust.
You can't fix spongy brakes and numb steering with an Engine and Exhaust, and what in my eyes as an incredibly soul less "safe" design that has little flair. I'd take the Type R any day ;)

EDIT: I dunno about blandest...The Camry is pretty yawn inducing as well.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You can't fix spongy brakes and numb steering with an Engine and Exhaust, and what in my eyes as an incredibly soul less "safe" design that has little flair. I'd take the Type R any day ;)

EDIT: I dunno about blandest...The Camry is pretty yawn inducing as well.
I don't know if there were any other changes to the car's handling/suspension but if I were looking for a sleeper and was on my P's, I would probably go for the Corolla Sportivo still.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if there were any other changes to the car's handling/suspension but if I were looking for a sleeper and was on my P's, I would probably go for the Corolla Sportivo still.
I suppose. Can't deny that its a boring design though.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...huh? Sorry I was lookin' at pictures of Toyotas :p

That's not really sleeper with the eyelids and wheels. Custom mirrors kinda give it away as well since those aren't vanilla either.

I didn't say that Corollas looked bad per se, they're just boring. Almost deliberately so to avoid offending anyone or anything with its design.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That reminds me, there is a Toyota Owners Club meet in Castle Hill today so I saw a few done up Rollas on my way through :)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
ricers

the only thing i dislike seeing on the roads more than a "done up" rolla is a done up excel... as well as the other rubbish cars...

on my way home one day, a "done up" diahatsu charade with a bodykit, rims and stickers displaying his sponsors was furiously revving his engine next to me at the lights.... embarassing

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ricers

the only thing i dislike seeing on the roads more than a "done up" rolla is a done up excel... as well as the other rubbish cars...

on my way home one day, a "done up" diahatsu charade with a bodykit, rims and stickers displaying his sponsors was furiously revving his engine next to me at the lights.... embarassing
Agreed but that being said, I have seen some turbocharged Charades and 4G63 Protons/Mirages.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
Agreed but that being said, I have seen some turbocharged Charades and 4G63 Protons/Mirages.
hahaha itd be awesome to own one of those JUST to see the look of your opponents face when you beat them at the lights (obviously cant beat anything major if not heavily modified but still..)

"haha look at this guy in a charade...*races off lights* oh fuck...:cry:"

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Now there's the crux of the problem isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)