Corolla Oz's Top Seller (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
I just don't see the attraction with this car, Toyota must be giving them away. While I don't have the exact figures, GoAuto E-news has printed that Toyota "almost sold 5000" Corollas while 4800 Commodores sold and 3900 Falcons.

It's a sad day for the Australian auto industry.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You arn't everyone. The Corolla appeals to people other than you - more specifically women. The soaring petrol prices have likely also given it a boost.

It's a good day for the environment.....

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Good resale and a reputation for reliability see the Corolla come out tops. Despite the lack of airbags and the crap cabin.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i was the bates' corollas :eek:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
it was only a matter of time when small cars started to sell more than large cars...especially with the soaring petrol prices, expect to see more fuel efficent cars selling more than the traditional large cars.

SlipStream

HSC
Excuse me: I left out something important in the opening post. It should have read like this:

PaulST @ fordaustraliaforums said:
I just don't see the attraction with this car, Toyota must be giving them away. While I don't have the exact figures, GoAuto E-news has printed that Toyota "almost sold 5000" Corollas while 4800 Commodores sold and 3900 Falcons.
From here.

However it was my opinion that it is a sad day for the Oz Auto industry. BTW, some of the people on that forum are extremely respectable. i.e. Wizards Sleeve is an executive at Volkswagen Group Asia Pacific and is basically an industry expert. He's also a good mate of mine!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
transcendent said:
I like Corollas. The new facelift really does it for me. I want one.
woah...your avs facelift does it for me :eek:

HSC
Hey i dont think its much of a surprise, i ama bit biased owning a corolla myself but for the moment with these mammoth fuel costs small cars are gonna be selling like hotcakes and of the small cars the corollas are cheap and very reliable. I've never had a problem with mine yet, they just go 4 ages (and take alot of punishment ;) lol )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)