Corp. Finance 2 - low marks for all?? (1 Viewer)

pete_mate

HSC
Despite the final exam not being thaat hard ( i thought) it seems it was marked very harshly.

It seems its -10 all around, with people normally getting D averages barely getting credits?

I didn't think such harsh marking was in the universities interests, since i know for a fact many IB's have a distinction average application cutoff.

Anyone experiencing the same?

jpr333

HSC
Basically I found that most of the finance department marked that way (unfairly imo), and thus I steered clear of as much finance as possible. It felt like the rare people who did get distinctions and HD's had access to more resources and had an unfair competitive advantage (I found many people had access to past assignments and knew what to focus on in studying for the final, like some sort of old boys network). It just didn't seem legit where, say, you could actually study in accounting and, knowing pretty much what was going to be covered in the final, be rewarded with a D for a sufficient level of efffort accordingly. But in finance it's like a reverse scatter gun effect in which the lecturers are vague and ambiguous about what's in the final, and often set detailed mathematical q's on material you might have briefly covered for 5 mins in one tutorial obcsurely... you know what i mean?

Did anyone else feel this way about 2nd and 3rd year finance? Yeh I know I might not be in the best position to judge as I minimsed my finance study, but from friends in other subjects by most accounts I got the same vibe...

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Yeah finance marking is crap. I ended up with a P and wasnt really impressed. i studied so hard for it and still received a shit grade. I didnt answer one abit of q3 cuz i ran outta time but i was fairly confident with the rest of the paper. even with the assignments they mark hard its a joke.

pete_mate

HSC
i got a credit, which compared to alot of people's marks i should be happy with.

However, i felt i had a killer exam, i answered every question, and didn't really run out of time.

i just don't really understand, maybe there is corruption or something, who knows?

hah, i even wrote my degree as "commerce/law" on the paper just to see whether it was biased.

though, maybe we all just didn't do so well, i'll wait untill i see the paper on the 16th before i jump to any conclusions.

fush

HSC
i actually wasnt too confident with the final... i knew i made some silly errors, but i stil ended up with 76, im cheering!

hj1985

HSC
SInce i only scored 50 in Cor.Finance 1 last yr, never dare to take any finance subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)