Corporate Finance I Scailing (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Hey

This is directed to people who have finished FINC2011 in past. I heard that because the final of this exam is so hard it scails through the roof is that true? Say im on around 39/50 before final and get around 55% raw mark in the final what could my final mark end up being?

Thanks guys

kow_dude

HSC
Do you still have Julianne? I don't think it scales much (if at all). I've done this subject twice.

pete_mate

HSC
kow_dude said:
Do you still have Julianne? I don't think it scales much (if at all). I've done this subject twice.

yeah, the uni's perfectly okay letting half a course fail because they made the test too hard.

it's not in their interests for most of their graduates having F's in subjects and therefore making the uni look bad cos they can't get jobs.

same as they're not gonna give everyone HD's cos it will kill the credibility of their grading system.

besides, in the midsemester when julianne said the markers had marked the 2nd test answers with the 1st test answers, ppl all got raw marks of around 3, yet their grades were alls caled to 65% or whatever, once the mistake was found their grades moved around, but not signifcantly.

so even tho they went from 3-15 the marks were scaled so it wasnt a big diff.

Cicciolina

HSC
Corp Fin 1 hardly ever gets scaled. Not sure about Sem 1 of this year, but I know for sure (from Craig M) that for the unit last year, the final exam had an average of about 40% (raw) and no scaling was used for the final mark.

hj1985

HSC
Wo, i got 50 at last, i'm really lucky, 'cos i thought my mark had been scaled up quite much LOL

terencewoo

HSC
i did once in the winter, brought 38/40 into the exam, but final was too hard, i think i only completed around30/60 of the marks, but end up I have more than 45 raw marks and ridcolously got 85% HD for the course

ledzeppelin

HSC
Julianne explicitly stated that there was no scaling in FINC2011 a few times during semester 1 this year, but surprise surprise, our marks ended up being brought up a bit :rolleyes:

kony

HSC
why is this course so hard?

is it hard maths, or hard conceptual theory?

sthcross.dude

HSC
I did the equivalent course at UWS and found it very easy (insert obvious joke)

But seriously, Im curious, what is in the usyd course.

Our was mainly problem questions based on:

-Time value of money techniques
-CAPM
-Leasing v Purchase decisions
-Dividend Policy
-Leverage and Capital Structure
-M&M Capital Structure Irrelevance
-DOL, DFL, DTL

Did you guys get a formula sheet in your final exam? We did.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Everyone who did it says its really difficult. Not looking forward to next year....eep!

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Ill answer my question here 1.5 years later - there is NO scailing for this SHIT subject. I ended up getting like a high P. If you want to go good in this course pay attention to Week 4 its worth about 30% (or more) of the final exam. Try to get as many practise questions for Capital Budgeting (Week 4) as possible so u are comfortable with the question in the exam (also requires knowledge of CAPM)

3rd year finance subjects are much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)