Corpse Bride.. (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
.. will be the second of Tim Burton's movies this year, featuring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter and.. CLAYMATION!!!! Yes folks, this will be Burton's second claylmation feature, and fans of The Nightmare Before Christmas will be looking forward to this..

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Anything with Johnny Depp in it, I will watch.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Well, technically he ain't in it. Although his character does look like him...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Well, technically he ain't in it. Although his character does look like him...
Huh? he's not in it...but he is?? Please clarify.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It's CLAYMATION, like Nightmare before Christmas or Wallace and Gromit. Johnny Depp provides the voice for the main character, so he's not in the movie. But the character he voices does look a fair bit like him, not sure if that's intentional or not.

EDIT: Here you go:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
OHHHHHH I'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS! and the Nightmare Before Christmas is disturbing

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Okay just saw the trailor and EXCUSE ME but that soo does not look like Johnny Depp! Then again, he looks weird as Willy Wonka too..and isn't that directed by the same guy? Yeah, he's making him look weird.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Uh.. The director is Tim Burton, who's collaborated with Johnny Depp on about 7 different occasions. Most notably Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow. Johnny Depp always looks off beat, probably because he plays offbeat characters :p That's why he's so great.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yes that is true. Can't argue with that because Johnny Depp is the best. But nevertheless, I want to watch Corpse Bride and am dying to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Another Burton fan among us!!!!!! So glad to have found another one. But I would like to point out that Charlie and Corpse are the 4th and 5th films staring Depp and directed by Burton. I hope Danny Elfman does the music because those three working together are amazing. Hell just two of them is great.

The orignial folktale is on timburtoncollective.com if anyone is interested. It also has some great info about the master film maker and his actors including a fab simpsons / burton actor profile.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Corpse Bride to be released in a month. I couldn't wait that long and downloaded it myself. It's quite good, not quite Nightmare Before Christmas good as I had hope it would be, but still a fun (if somewhat brief) ride. Watch it for the gorgeous visuals.

payafee

HSC
this film reminds me of Sleepy Hollow..very gothic. and yes, Danny Elfan is doing the music for it.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Is this movie from the same makers as Nightmare Before Christmas? I loved that movie as a kid...and I love Tim Burton's work.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Mmm, lets look at the actors in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.. And then those whose voices are used in Corpse Bride. Any guess that this was a side project while Charlie was going? Thats my guess anyway, its even the same screenwriter dude.. Obviously Charlie was main project, but its my belief Corpse Bride was running roughly same time or close anyway.

Anyhow.. its apparently not anywhere close to Nightmare Before Christmas quality. And so much shorter :( But it looks good, TIm Burton and Johnny Depp always = a movie worthwhile seeing imo. I always wait until it comes out to movies though. Im old fashioned like that ;D

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i absolutly LOVED nightmare before christmas, so im really looking forward to Corpse Bride.
looks really good imo.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
jebbie said:
Mmm, lets look at the actors in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.. And then those whose voices are used in Corpse Bride. Any guess that this was a side project while Charlie was going? Thats my guess anyway, its even the same screenwriter dude.. Obviously Charlie was main project, but its my belief Corpse Bride was running roughly same time or close anyway.

Anyhow.. its apparently not anywhere close to Nightmare Before Christmas quality. And so much shorter But it looks good, TIm Burton and Johnny Depp always = a movie worthwhile seeing imo. I always wait until it comes out to movies though. Im old fashioned like that ;D
It's only 75 minutes :(

As for the casting? Most directors have their favourites. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are 2 of Burton's. He's used Albert Finney at least once before as well (Big Fish).

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Benny_ said:
It's only 75 minutes :(

As for the casting? Most directors have their favourites. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are 2 of Burton's. He's used Albert Finney at least once before as well (Big Fish).
Yes. Im just saying, it would have been easier to use (for the majority of CB) some of the actors used in Charlie. Because it obviously was made a similar timing.

Haha I just like having theories and thats my one. It doesnt mean it will be crap. Ive heard from some friends in America that its brilliant, and hey, it IS Tim Burton with Johnny. I guess Im only complaining cos you dont see Johnny :p

funniboi

HSC
burton + depp = thumbs up.

for eg; planet of the apes was crap. beetlejuice wasn't as good as edward scissorhands. i felt mars attacks was a shit movie also (that was a burton movie right?) , that's all that i can remember.

at least burton isn't really one of those "one hit wonder" directors. and he does have good movies without depp in it (i just cant remember then).

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I have this on DVD from the USA - not as entertaining as Nightmare Before Xmas but still a good movie... the musical score is great and all the scenes are really detailed. It's kinda short but everything fits together perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)