• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Correspondence (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
jirwin said:
thats quite interesting... why didn't u just get a casual/part time job? my parents want me to get one... so i applied... but i dont particularly want a job cos of my hsc... i like school too much and put in WAY too much effort.. quite over the top in yrs 9 and 10 but oh well. i had a casual job in yr 10 but quit cos i hated it (im so shy), hated the boss, and couldnt do all the extra work for school lol

i wouldn't be able to cope doing the hsc be Distance Ed. not that i wouldn't be able to motivate myself, just im so shy i wouldn't even want to ring up my teacher :(
Because the job i landed was GREAT for me and it was only a full time position, and i thought id be able to handle it job + hsc that is.

I was wrong and had to let the job go even though it was good.

I never ring my teachers, i just do it all myself, and if i cant do it ill leave it lol, ur not supposed to though.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
jirwin said:
thats quite interesting... why didn't u just get a casual/part time job? my parents want me to get one... so i applied... but i dont particularly want a job cos of my hsc... i like school too much and put in WAY too much effort.. quite over the top in yrs 9 and 10 but oh well. i had a casual job in yr 10 but quit cos i hated it (im so shy), hated the boss, and couldnt do all the extra work for school lol

i wouldn't be able to cope doing the hsc be Distance Ed. not that i wouldn't be able to motivate myself, just im so shy i wouldn't even want to ring up my teacher :(
Because the job i landed was GREAT for me and it was only a full time position, and i thought id be able to handle it job + hsc that is.

I was wrong and had to let the job go even though it was good.

I never ring my teachers, i just do it all myself, and if i cant do it ill leave it lol, ur not supposed to though.

yosemite sam

HSC
i dont like ringing my teacher cos she always makes it seem like a bit of an inconveniance if she's talking to another student at the time, so a two second question ends up taking ten minutes to answer cos i have to ring her back or something. and keeping motivated is hard. and learning language on your own is hard cos i dont like the idea of talking to myself.
i did my last assessment task (we dont have half yearlies) without a supervisor - the librarian gave me the paper and the cd and told me not to look at my books, even though they were in the room with me

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
My teacher gave me his timetable, so I would know when the best times to call if I needed help. I didn't really call him much - and if I did, I would normally have banked more than one question to ask, just to keep a flow (but that's just me).

Have you guys tried emailing your teachers? It's easier for them at times, they can answer when they aren't being crowded/bothered by other people. Sometimes they can give you more comprehensive answers having more time to think and organise a response...But then again if it's a language :confused: .

Keep at it guys. DE can be hard but it's worth it in the end knowing you accomplished something by yourself, rather than being spoon fed all the way! :D:D (not that there's anything wrong with that ;):p)

Legham

HSC
Yeah, i always just email my teacher. It's how i hand in work and everything! The only time i've talked to her on the phone so far was when she rang my parents complaining that she hadn't received any work yet this year :p

cls

HSC
I only do 2 units by Distance Ed, but I find it hard cause your not in a class and sometimes it's just hard to get motivated to do it......but it gets done. I think I've called by teacher a few times, and yeah I also bank up questions to ask seems kinda pointless to me to ring for 2 seconds. I also write notes on the work I hand in if I don't understand it.
My hat goes off to all of you :wave:

golfpro

HSC
N/A
anyone doing HSC through OTEN do you know when the first 2 HSC assignments are due by?

all prelim assesments are due by 31st april, but what about the first 2 hsc ones?

Twisted Angel86

HSC
golfpro said:
anyone doing HSC through OTEN do you know when the first 2 HSC assignments are due by?

all prelim assesments are due by 31st april, but what about the first 2 hsc ones?
It doesn't matter as long as all hsc assignments are in before 22nd August.

Peteage

HSC
Hey, I am currently in year 11. There is a good chance I will be changing schools at the end of this term, so right at the begining of the HSC in other words. The school I will most likely be changing to however doesnt offer one of my subjects, which would be a real pitty because I am very good and it and it might be my only band 6 subject I get. Is it possible do that subject by correspondance when I start year 12? or did I need to start from the begining of prelim. If I can, how do I apply to do it?

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
Peteage said:
Hey, I am currently in year 11. There is a good chance I will be changing schools at the end of this term, so right at the begining of the HSC in other words. The school I will most likely be changing to however doesnt offer one of my subjects, which would be a real pitty because I am very good and it and it might be my only band 6 subject I get. Is it possible do that subject by correspondance when I start year 12? or did I need to start from the begining of prelim. If I can, how do I apply to do it?
You don't need to have done the course by correspondence in the prelim. I do 1 unit by correspondance and I did the same thing you did, with the changing schools. Go see your careers advisor at school and ask him/her about it, they will be able to tell you how exactly to apply.

Peteage

HSC
Yea I have dont the course in prelim. I dont want to go see my careers advisor yet because I havent been accapted and dont want teachers finding out I am trying to leave the school. When do applications close for correspondence course applications, I wouldnt want to leave it too long and miss out

absolutlaura

HSC
Twisted Angel86 said:
I'm doing my entire HSC via Correspondence. Probably not the best idea for me as i am extremely lazy when it comes to using my head lol. i ended up doing my prelim year in about 4 months and i'm only just getting serious about the whole thing now. I have alot of catching up to do :( All in all i find it so much more rewarding knowing i've done it all myself.
Im doing my entire HSC via correspondence aswell.. also the curse of living in a small country town and the curse of being expelled from my boarding school in sydney... Hmm.
I think its waaay harder than being in a class, you have to read everything.. which takes up oh so much time.. and im easily distracted, and have a total lack of motivation and a tendency to procrastinate (Like right now.. should be writing a legal assesment, instead im bitching about how im a chronic procrastinator) ...
And the fact that i just honestly do not care about the HSC anymore, apparently it isnt the end of the universe.. who was to know?

yosemite sam

HSC
can you still do any subjects if you do them by distance? like, to distance ed schools offer a full range of subjects? or are your choices limited?

absolutlaura

HSC
yosemite sam said:
can you still do any subjects if you do them by distance? like, to distance ed schools offer a full range of subjects? or are your choices limited?
I think the range is pretty good, but i started half way through last year so i'd already picked my subjects..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)